Home About Menu Menu Subscribe

The Perks of Being a Wall Flower This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

By Liv.Rose, Harrington, Australia

Before I start, I have to say that I thought the book that this movie is based on was pretty average. It had a solid plot and the potential to be brilliant, but I just thought the characters weren't as strong, which is part of the reason that I thought the film was so much better.

In “The Perks of Being a Wall Flower” the choice of actors, soundtrack and the way in which it was adapted from the book are all perfect.
When Charlie starts his first year of high school he has no friends and no motivation to make a huge change in that, choosing to count down the days left before graduation instead. In this high school, all seniors are horrible except for Patrick and Sam, who take Charlie in and show him that there are nice people in the world.

Charlie’s journey from being nobody to someone with friends that love him is pretty uplifting, but Charlie has too many bad memories from his past to just move on in his life.

Continue Reading »

Be the first to comment on this!

Close