Drugs or Jesus | Teen Ink

Drugs or Jesus

By giggles1408 BRONZE, Newton, Texas
giggles1408 BRONZE, Newton, Texas

Chuck Norris is the reason Edward Cullen sparkles. He roundhouse kicked the fairy right into him.-Original Sarah Davis

I’m sure when you hit that pipe sometimes you feel like you are Jesus. You’re not. You’re not even close. You never will be and the first thing you need to do is accept that. The next thing you need to do is sit the straw down and listen to me for just a minute. Anything that you put in your body to affect your brain, mood, thought, or perception is a drug. You can swallow it, inhale it, shoot it up, or just let it soak into your skin. All of these things are stupid. All you are doing is messing yourself up. Whether it is meth, coke, heroin, or even just weed, it’s bad!

Don’t think that just because it is legal means that it is ok. Alcohol is just as bad, if not worse, than the rest of it. “In 2006, more than 19% of drivers ages 16 to 20 who died in motor vehicle crashes had been drinking alcohol. Of the 1,746 traffic fatalities among children ages 0 to 14 years in 2006, about one out of every six (17%) involved an alcohol-impaired driver.” Not only does it kill when it’s in control of a driver, but it hurts you physically also. It messes with your heart, liver, and pancreas. It can also give you cancer of the mouth, esophagus, throat, and breast. Living your life for Jesus will in no way impair your driving, nor will it affect your pancreas. It will not affect you in a negative way, at all!

You know meth and coke are bad even while you’re doing them. Everybody knows about meth and coke, but for some reason it’s on the rise! “In 1993, 8% of the adults in drug treatment were there because of amphetamines. In 2002 this number increased to 19%.” Why is this? Because we’re not picking Jesus that’s why!! Meth and coke can make you go blind, damage your nerves, bleed internally, malnourish you, weaken your bones, suffocate you, and that’s not even mentioning your physical appearance. It’s bad, in case you are a meth or coke head and you’re wondering. You look really bad.

Now it’s heroin’s turn. Did you know that heroin overdoses have caused more deaths than traffic accidents in the past several years? Well they have. No one has ever overdosed on Jesus, just saying. When you use heroin you risk infection of the heart lining and valves
(normally due to lack of sterile technique), liver disease, kidney disease, pulmonary complications, skin infections and abscesses. Is it really worth it? Is it worth kidney disease for a couple of hours of being stupid sleepy? I highly doubt it.

It’s obvious that Jesus is the way to go. He will not harm you, just save you. He does you nothing but good, and He loves you. He’ll forgive you for whatever you’ve done. It’s not too late, go to church!

on Apr. 12 2013 at 11:42 am
giggles1408 BRONZE, Newton, Texas

You have no idea how funny this is to me.

on Mar. 25 2013 at 7:52 am
yomarimarcano, Rocky Hill, Connecticut
Okay, do you smoke yourself? If you don't then you shouldn't be saying that people that smoke marijuana feel like Jesus when you smoke. I deffinitley don't think I'm Jesus when I smoke. So please get a life !

on Feb. 6 2013 at 1:40 pm
giggles1408 BRONZE, Newton, Texas

Thank you:)

on Jan. 21 2013 at 12:45 pm
Likeaboss427 GOLD, Fort Belvoir, Virginia

"But I have a new love for that glittering instrument, the human soul. It is a lovely and unique thing in the universe. It is always attacked and never destroyed---because 'Thou mayest.'" -Lee (East of Eden, John Steinbeck)

I love it. You have a voice, and you can use it.:) good job