On The Shoulders Of Giants by Stephen Hawking | Teen Ink

On The Shoulders Of Giants by Stephen Hawking

By sv_praveen_trichy GOLD, Parowan, Utah
sv_praveen_trichy GOLD, Parowan, Utah

All truth are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them- Galileo Galilei

At, first this book would seem as Quite controversial one, but in the end this book, ‘On the Shoulders of Giants by Stephen Hawking,' will give you a good outlook of how the universe came in to existence. Stephen Hawking explains the concept of orgin of the universe with the theories of five great scientists Galileo Galilei, Johannes Kepler, Isaac Newton and Albert Einstein and Nicolaus Copernicus. This book is a wonderful collection of great physics papers ever written.

Stephen Hawking made astronomy an interesting subject in this book through his humorous style. The subject of this book is a very similar one to his book, ‘A brief history of time.' My favourite part of this book was Stephen Hawking’s comparison of Albert Einstein theory to the theory of big bang. Taking Einstein theory, ’If a man travel from a planet to another in a speed of light in space and if he returns to earth, his age would be lesser than the age which is attained by his brother who was living in the earth,' in account he explained, If we can find the structure of third dimension by the second dimension, surely we can guess the fourth dimension with the third one, thus, he supports big bang theory.

Some theories of this book may be complicated, but if you read that twice it is easily understandable. I am sure this book will give you a new outlook in field of astronomy. 'After reading this book, I was left with a question, ‘where was I before my parents got married? The answer is simple yet so complicated.