Home About Menu Menu Subscribe

The Other Side This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

By Rachel B, Rodeo, CA

Enough. I've had enough reading articles about how Christians are homophobic, sexists, bullies, manipulators, liars and cheaters, without hearing the other side. This is the other side.
In every religion, majority, culture, demographic, community, group, minority and clique there are homophobic, sexists, bullies, manipulators, liars and cheaters. I don't mind people telling their stories of a Christian that bullied them, ignored or teased them. What I mind is people blaming the religion for this act of inexcusable hatred.
In any religion, atheist or agnostic group, there are people with ethics, and there are people without any ethics. Not all Muslims are terrorists, not all Christians are hateful. And bottom line:
The Christian majority is bullied too.

Continue Reading »

Join the discussion

12 comment(s)
sweetangel4life
your very welcome! be sure to hceck out some of my work when you get the chance :)
Feb. 04, 2013 at 10:44 AM • Report
IgorR
Very good article, congratulations! I love the fact that you can change Christian in the text to any other group, religious or not, and your article would still be true. That just shows how right you are. Keep up the good job!
Feb. 03, 2013 at 11:29 PM • Report
Rachel B.
Thank you so much! :)
Feb. 03, 2013 at 11:32 PM • Report
Desmothenes L.
I loved your article and I know what it feels like to be a christian as a teen. i hate how people think we stand for the things we hate the most. 
Feb. 03, 2013 at 5:55 PM • Report
sweetangel4life
the only thing i can say about htis brethtakingly amzing written article is "extremely beautifully well sid." I love how thw rods flow together like theyre meant to be. and its so true, everything you said, i love this so much!! keep  writing. :)
Feb. 03, 2013 at 3:54 PM • Report
Rachel B.
Thank you so so much! You don't know how much your comment means to me :) I'm a poet, usually, so I think the flow kind of rolled over from the normal genre I write! 
Feb. 03, 2013 at 4:56 PM • Report
shapeshifter56
This is truly an amazing article, and at least in my opinion, the exact kind of light that needs to be shed on the overgeneralization of religions and the different forms of bullying. You are an amazing writer. Keep up the great work!
Feb. 03, 2013 at 12:21 PM • Report
Rachel B.
Your comment is such a confidence booster for me, thank you! I will certainly try!
Feb. 03, 2013 at 4:58 PM • Report
plebeian_dreamer
Great article...I could totally relate to it. Very well written. Keep writing!
Feb. 03, 2013 at 8:39 AM • Report
Rachel B.
I will! Thank you for reading it and commenting!
Feb. 03, 2013 at 4:58 PM • Report
Close