Secretly In Love | Teen Ink

Secretly In Love

By AllisonChristine SILVER, Covington, Louisiana
AllisonChristine SILVER, Covington, Louisiana

"Always."

It was the one thing she coveted the most.
Him.
The boy who doesn't notice her. Chloe has secretly loved Noah for two years.
Today, will hopefully be the day he will notice her.
At school she will try. With that in mind she sets off to pick out an outfit for the day. Then, she heads down stairs grabs an apple and leaves.
Chloe arrives at school in record time wanting to get his attention. She sits on a bench waiting for him to arrive, hoping for him to show, to ease her nerves. She starts munching on her apple, when she finally notices him.
Noah.
Tall, dark, and handsome. Chloe watches as he casually strolls into school without a care in the world, when can't stop freaking out. He holds her heart in his hand, and he doesn't even know it and she wishes he will handle her heart with care.
He starts getting closer and closer to her. This is her chance to finally tell Noah how she feels.
Chloe slowly stands up, heart pounding so much it may jump out of her chest. She hopes he can find it in him to love her the way she loves him. He's, now, so close, only a breath away. He looks at her with his blue eyes, giving her a questioning look.
Chloe takes a deep breath and says, "Can we talk, alone?"
Still giving her a questioning look, Noah nods his head. They both walk back into school and find an empty class room.
"So, what do we need to talk about?" He's still looking at her causing her breath to hitch and she lowers her eyes to the ground, her heart still pounding.
"I love you," Chloe whispers hoping he could hear so she won't have to repeat it.
"What?"
"I love you," she says a little bit louder as she glancing up.
He gives her a look that makes a smile stretch across her face. He heard her.
She looks up at him hope flashing in her eyes wishing he would respond to her. Then she hears it the words she has been wishing to hear for the past two years.
"I thought you hadn't noticed me," Noah says, while smiling at, Chloe, his eyes sparkling.
She thought to herself, I thought you didn't notice me either.
With that he takes her into a hug, they both have happy tears streaming from their eyes. They have wanted this moment for two years and now they will finally be together. This was the moment she has been waiting for.
The moment he finally returns her feelings.
Without another word spoken he takes her hand and walks her to class. She could not stop all the thoughts running through her mind, this is it, this is what she always wanted.
People watch as they walk by, quietly murmuring to themselves wondering when they started dating. She knew in that moment he was hers. She felt loved.
They both made it to her classroom, not wanting to part with each other, he says,"I'll see you soon." With a sad smile on his face he leaves her to think about him.
Throughout the class period she can not get him out of her mind.
Then she heard it the nasally voice of a girl she hated, Daphne.
"You should stay away from him, he's mine," Daphne said.
In that moment Chloe was as angry as angry could be. Chloe got really close and up into Daphne's face.
"He is not yours and you just need to stop these delusions you're having. It’s not very attractive." With that said she stormed off with a shocked girl still in the classroom.
Chloe spots Noah leaning against the lockers waiting for her and then she forgets all about that nasty girl in the classroom. She feels a smile come to her face and she knew he will always make her day brighter.
She walks up to him gave him a kiss on the cheek and interlocks their hands. They stroll to their next class still smiling at each other.
The whole day passes by so quickly. They both meet each other for lunch and they could not be happier. They both eat their food still smiling at each other. The day passes by so quickly and Noah offers her a ride home in his car. Chloe of course says yes not wanting to miss another moment without him in it.
As they were walking, she notices Daphne following them. Chloe tries to quicken her pace and so did Noah. Chloe did not want Daphne to catch up to them, but in the end she did. Daphne, the one girl Chloe has hated since middle school. The one girl she would give anything to punch in the face and she hopes she will get the chance.
"When did you guys start hanging out?" Daphne says.
"Today, but I don't see how that is any of your business," says Noah, clearly getting annoyed with Daphne's mere presence as was she.
"I just really like you, but I guess you found someone better," Daphne says and she also adds, "You also won't have to worry about me anymore because I'm moving."
"Thank god," Chloe mutters.
"I know, I was mean and jealous. It's just I wanted him to like me the way I like him, but I know he never will. I've seen the way he looks at you and there is no way I can come between that," Daphne says, also adding while looking at Chloe," Just make sure he treats you well." With that said Daphne was gone.

Daphne just wants someone to love her and she doesn't know how to. After, everything that has happened today, Chloe just wants to go home a take a nap.
As they both pull away, she realizes that she has the one person she loves next to her and nothing can change that.

Seven years has passed since Chloe and Noah have started dating and the day they confessed their feelings for each other. Chloe got everything she could ever want and some.
But this day, is the day that will forever change her life, the day she gets married. All decked out in white anxiously awaiting the long walk down the aisle. She cannot stop freaking out inside. But, she knows that she will forever walk down the aisle if it meant she could always see him at the end of it.

Chloe was so focused on her thoughts she almost doesn't hear her father say, "Are you ready?"
In a small and nervous voice she whispers, "Yes."

With that they take off and then that moment happens, the moment that took her breath away. The moment she sees her handsome husband waiting at the end of the aisle for her she just wants to be with him. She notices nothing else but him and he notices nothing else but her.
No one else exists but them. They were in their own little world, where they knew, they will stay.
Together.
Forever.
For the rest of eternity.