Racial Discrimination | Teen Ink

Racial Discrimination

By NarwhalKing BRONZE, Hartland, WI, Wisconsin
NarwhalKing BRONZE, Hartland, WI, Wisconsin

I am not a vegetarian because I love animals; I am a vegetarian because I hate plants. By A. Whitney Brown

Racial intolerance is everywhere. Even sports are not being tolerant toward people of different race. We will soon see that soccer is one of the most non-racial, sports in my opinion, is being racial. Our society should stop all intolerance toward people of different races.

The world of soccer has brought up a great act of intolerance. The largest fan club of zenit St. Petersburg, the two time defending Russian champions have demanded the team has no black, or gay players on their team The prominent group of Zenit supporters, known as Landscrona, posted a letter on their web site on December 17, 2012. “Dark-skinned players are all but forced down Zenit’s throat, which only brings out a negative reaction,” the fan group said, adding that gay players were “unworthy of our great city.” I think this is really harsh considering we are in a age of tolerance,. and we cant live with this since there are so many black, and gay people in our world.

The oldest and most visible distinction is based on the color of the skin: black and white.
of all U.S. babies today, more than half are people of color, and by 2050 our nation will have no majority. People of different color are tomorrow’s leaders, and we need to better prepare our future workforce. The number of people of color in the workforce will soar in coming decades as the older population expands, grows more diverse, and works longer. However, African Americans and Hispanics age 50 and older face substantial workplace challenges, including relatively low earnings, high unemployment, and limited access to self-employment.

In our society we should find a solution, and I think I have. In the movie Pay It Forward directed by Mimi Leder there is a great example of what we should do. In the movie Pay It Forward the main character is suppose to find a way to help everyone everywhere, and he came up with the idea to pay it forward. He found that if he helps 3 people, and tells them all to pay it forward; his idea was that each of those three people would help three more people, and those three people would help three more people. It would go on to touch everyone's hearts and minds.

In conclusion, our society should stop all intolerance toward people of different race because I causes disruption and corruption in ever ones daily life.

Work Cited
"Teaching Tolerance." Teaching Tolerance. N.p., n.d. Web. 1 Feb. 2013.
"ProCon.org." ProCon.org. N.p., n.d. Web. 01 Feb. 2013.
"ON RACISM, INTOLERANCE, DISCRIMINATION AND SLAVERY."
ON RACISM, INTOLERANCE, DISCRIMINATION AND SLAVERY.
N.p., n.d. Web. 1 Feb. 2013.
Longman, Jere. "Russian Soccer Fans Marching Backward to Intolerance."
NYTimes. N.p., 18 Dec. 2012. Web. 2 Feb. 2013.

When my teacher told me to write about any discrimination the first I thought of was race.