Home About Menu Menu Subscribe

Letter to the Cat This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

JoyEl C., Freeport, ME By ShiroAmeiro, Freeport, ME

Dearest Cat of the Household,

You're getting on our nerves.

You whine for food, even though you have food in your bowl. You twine yourself around our legs when we're in the kitchen. You give piercing meows just in case we don't notice you tripping us. You stretch up our legs and stick out your claws, just in case we didn't hear your meows. When we finally give in to your begging and give you another cup of food, you take a bite and leave.

You race around the house to see the neighbor's cat outside. You act like spying on her is the most important thing in the world. When you can't get through the window, you meow persistently, hoping you'll get her attention. In the winter when we put plastic on the windows to keep the cold out, you claw it, hoping to tear down the window with it.

Continue Reading »

Join the discussion

1 comment(s)
GreekGoddess
Haha, oh my gosh, this letter should be adressed to every cat in the world! I've got three, all outdoor cats but they still get on my nerves! I've got a story simalar to this, could you check it out? It's called "Christmas now and Forever" Thanks! Oh and this was really well writen, I love all the things the cat is doing wrong!
Mar. 27, 2013 at 7:33 PM • Report
Close