The Death Cure by James Dashner | Teen Ink

The Death Cure by James Dashner

By JimmyD BRONZE, Haddon Heights, New Jersey
JimmyD BRONZE, Haddon Heights, New Jersey

The Death Cure by James Dashner
Three and half stars out of five

When talking about books that keep you on the edge of your seat and keep you guessing what will happen next, you have to motion The Death Cure by James Dashner. The Death Cure is a good book that will take approximately a week to read. During that week, James Dashner will have you question shocking events will happen next.

James Dashner has always wanted to be an author since he was a young boy. Mr. Dashner went to college to be an accountant at BYU. Some of his books had been written with similar concepts from other author’s book. For his first published book, Dashner was asked to pay for some of the expenses. Dashner, shockingly, at one point stopped writing to form a consistent way to write books. He sent letters to publishers that all turned him down except Cedar Fort, which was his absolute last hope before giving up on his writing career. Dashner first wrote The 13th Reality, a series but Mr. Dashner not win a New York Times best selling award until 2009 when he publish The Scorch Trials, the second book of The Maze Runner trilogy, The Death Cure being the third in the series.

The Death Cure, a futuristic science fiction book, begins with the main characters Thomas, Newt, and Minho tired of listening to WICKED lie to them and plans to do what they do best, escape. While trying to separate completely away from WICKED, the group receives help from inside personnel and tries to avoid struggles among themselves by not bringing up their differences and past events. The small group always tries to think about the present and what they can do to help themselves. Along their journey, Thomas and the boys meet old rivals, make new friends and time consuming decisions making it seem like time is always against them. Thomas and the others will hear positive and negative news during their entertaining struggles and people will have a complete change of heart which no one foresaw or could change. The countless near-death experiences make you fear for Thomas and the group who seemly never listens to others experienced opinions. Struggling to think fast, Thomas always resorts to the thought that everything they do is planned out by WICKED, when he has spare time, which leads to periods of complete doubt among the group. The puzzling decisions of old friends also set the group back from helping all parties, which Thomas strives to do.

The Death Cure is a great book for anyone that enjoys science fiction or problem solving. If you have enjoyed The Hunger Games, you will most likely enjoy reading this series. This book will take approximately one week to read. This book we keep you on the edge of your seat throughout. At times in this book, James Dashner makes it a little predictable due to really hard struggles at early times in the book. James Dashner balanced out the drama and action making it a very entertaining and enjoyable book to read for anyone other the age of thirteen.

In conclusion, James Dashner has written a very entertaining book for teenagers, in The Death Cure. It is great for people that like to problem solve. There was a long time when James considered stop writing but found inspiration in other books he has read. The Death Cure is the third and final book of the Maze Runner trilogy. Find out if the group ever over comes WICKED and their struggles.