Home About Menu Menu Subscribe

Arrow This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Katie C., Alta Loma, CA By SHER_locked, Alta Loma, CA

“Arrow,” the CW's adaptation of the DC comic book series “Green Arrow,” is a mixture of Batman, Iron Man, Robin Hood, and surprisingly, Hamlet.

It stars Stephen Amell as the titular hero, Oliver Queen. He was stranded on an island for five years before being rescued and becoming the hooded vigilante known as the Hood or Green Arrow. Before his father died in the shipwreck that stranded him, he told Oliver about a secret organization that was growing in power in their hometown, Starling City. Oliver makes it his mission to hunt down this group and bring them to justice with his mad arrow-slinging skills.

The show alternates between present day crime-fighting in Starling City and flashbacks to Oliver's harrowing time spent on the island, which may or may not be inhabited.

Continue Reading »

Join the discussion

6 comment(s)
aylee
I love arrow!! It's action-paced and fun, but I agree with you, it's not an "Emmy winning" show. I ship Felicity and Oliver... :D
Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:17 PM • Report
SHER_locked
Me too! I love Felicity so much.
Dec. 31, 2013 at 6:36 PM • Report
libertyman
Thank you for posting a review on Arrow! It is my favorite show and Green Arrow is my favorite DC Comics character! Anyway, you did a good job on briefly explaining the show! I think that Stephen Amell does a great  at bringing Oliver Queen to life. If you've seen the show Smallville, I'm sure you know Green Arrow was played by someone else, who I don't think did as good a job as Stephen. So, yeah, Keep writing!
Jun. 24, 2013 at 11:42 PM • Report
SHER_locked
Thank you so much for the feedback! And no, I've never watched Smallville, but I've been meaning to! I didn't know Oliver was in it. Maybe I'll really try to watch it now. Thanks again!
Jun. 26, 2013 at 2:32 AM • Report
beautifulspirit
Yeah I can see your points about the show. I wouldn't call Stephen Amell the best actor, because of his "stiffness" at times but he is getting there. I do like the way you described Malcolm Merlyn--so true. And I am also glad the show has been picked up for another season---can't wait! All in all, good job I liked how you introduced the main characters as well~
Mar. 14, 2013 at 10:23 AM • Report
SHER_locked
Yeah, he's loosening up a bit. I'm glad there will be a second season too, because it will give him the chance to loosen up even more. There's so much more they can do with the show! I'm sad this season is almost over... =(   And thank you so much for your kind comments! =)
Mar. 14, 2013 at 6:40 PM • Report
Close