Home About Menu Menu Subscribe

Don't Leave Me

By Claire N, Mundelein, IL

Ryder Rasmussen was known for a lot of things, but patience was not one of them. He was not accustomed to feeling inadequate, nervous, or anxious whatsoever. His entire high school career had been based off deflecting such feelings, as he carefully cultivated a reputation for being relaxed and easygoing in even the most stressful situations. It was what got him through the classes that made the hardcore AP kids cry in trying to get A’s, while he cruised to high B’s, secure that he always had football and basketball in the wings. Not now, though. Not since…he shook his head. Focus, man. He’d been jittery and out of sorts all week, knowing that the day was inevitable.

He leaned back against the wall, closing his eyes . The bell rang, signaling the end of his off period as the building grudgingly came alive with the familiar rumbles of students.

Continue Reading »

Join the discussion

1 comment(s)
I really enjoyed this little short story. It was so well written, except for the name mishap, but other than that it was wonderful.  I loved how you kept me in suspense, wondering who Bianca was and what was wrong with her. Before I even finished the story, I thought Ryder had a girlfriend who died! But I was completely wrong. This story is great! can't wait to read more!
Mar. 21, 2013 at 12:06 PM • Report