Home About Menu Menu Subscribe

John McCain for President This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

By Heidi H., Rockwall, TX

Republican candidate John McCain has experience in our nation’s government. His views on border security and the environment make him well suited for the nation’s soon-to-be vacant spot in the White House.

McCain shows great leadership and involvement in the nation’s welfare. He graduated from the United States Naval Academy and was a naval aviator for 22 years. He survived his first near-death experience in July 1967, as he was preparing to take off on a bombing mission during the Vietnam War. A rocket from a nearby plane struck and exploded the fuel tanks of McCain’s plane. McCain was given the option to go home with an honorable discharge, but he refused and volunteered for another five and half years. This act of courage shows McCain’s perseverance, strength, and determination to serve his country.

Continue Reading »

Join the discussion

5 comment(s)
As somebody who was a Democrat for a very long time (for roughly 40 years after I was able to vote (Back then, the voting age was still 21.), who bought into the "Lesser of two evils" vote. Back in 2008, before that year's Presidential election, after listening to the debates on Foreign Policy and other things, and hearing then-POTUS Candidate Barack Obama take the exact same positions on such things as foreign policy, oil drilling, voting to extend the FISA Act, which violates people's privacy, and to promise to "finish the job in Afghanistan.", I decided I could not, in good conscience, vote for either Barack Obama OR his opponent, John McCain, for I immediately saw where things were going. That year, at the polls, I did a write-in vote (writing in my own ticket--i. e. Dennis Kucinich and Bernie Sanders.) at the POTUS polls. Four years later, after switching from the Democratic to the Independent Party (called Unenrolled in my present city of Residence.), I voted for Jill Stein (a member of the Green Party), at the 2012 POTUS Election, at the polls, and have no regrets.
Sep. 04, 2015 at 2:57 PM • Report
This is a bit dated....
Feb. 04, 2013 at 2:48 PM • Report
Desmothenes you are very smart. We will never know what never happened. 
Nov. 10, 2012 at 10:39 AM • Report
Actions speak way louder than words, and the fact that Obama did speak out against NAFTA, and other things that've proven no good for our government and our society as a whole mean nothing, because he went totally against, proving that he has been little or no better than any of his predecessors.
Sep. 04, 2015 at 3:00 PM • Report
Sara Palin as president of the United States?? First of all, she really wasn't/isn't too smart. Secondly, as mayor of Wasilla, AK (her hometown), she singlehandedly threw that city into bankruptcy, which shows that she doesn't know the slightest thing about running a city (So how in the world can she really be expected to know to run a country?!?), and, thirdly, she didn't get her youngest child (now 6-7 years old), who has Downs Syndrome the proper care and therapy that ne should've gotten as a baby, and will never, ever be able to function for or take care of himself, but was just into showing off her cute little baby by touting him around everywhere she went. Next, that Palin family has a reputation for crashing parties and starting drunken brawls. Next, she's into killing animals just for sport. There's a whole list of why I couldn't/didn't support her, but I'll just leave it go at this.
Sep. 04, 2015 at 3:24 PM • Report