Home About Menu Menu Subscribe

My Letter to a Terrorist

By thatunknownthingThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time., dubai, United Arab Emirates

You have raped, stolen, murdered, killed thousands, orphaned children; this letter is exclusively for you. Whatever you’ve done is, sure, a mighty achievement. But what are your amazing skills and extraordinary toil worth, if you have not made a single person smile?

You have bombed great skyscrapers and cherished the destruction of those you despised. But did you also despise that innocent infant, clutching his mother’s dress, not knowing she’d never respond to his pleas?

The ashes, shades of grey spotted with the red of broken people, surround you. How can you cruelly twist your mouth into a smile? Aren’t you letting your mouth and brain coldly betray your heart, which I know is after all human?

Continue Reading »

Join the discussion

2 comment(s)
SaphiraBrightscales
That was heartening!! and well-written too...:)) I could feel my pulse getting faster with sentiment and it engulfed me.
Mar. 26, 2013 at 5:56 AM • Report
Jessie M.
This was fantastically well written. Your word choice and rhythm really helped convey your message.
Apr. 29, 2013 at 9:11 PM • Report
Close