Home About Menu Menu Subscribe

#Life in 140 Characters or Less

O. M., Dale city, VA By MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time., Somewhere, VA

It’s not much, is it—

140 characters?

But with it,
One can capture
A fleeting moment

Of life.

Share this article:

Share on Facebook   Share on Google+   Share on Twitter

Join the discussion

23 comment(s)
Wow, dude! How did you write a free verse poem in ninty-seven characters?!? You're an awesome writer! That felt almost like a life lesson. How is that possible?!? ;) Great job Mckay!
Aug. 15, 2013 at 9:07 PM • Report
Superhero_Fan, thank you. How I wrote this, I'm not sure. I was just amazed and fascinated how everyone is into social media, which I really don't use. I'm old-school. kinda...Thank you so much. 
Sep. 04, 2013 at 6:50 PM • Report
Wow! Really nice! I love it. When I read this, I got that feeling that when your taking a picture, and you see life through the lenses, I don't know, that's what I pictured. I guess it's the word 'capture' that made me think camera anywho, Amazing job once again. Oh and I really want to know how many of your pieces I have read. Am I almost at the end?? If so I hope not because I could read your work forever. Keep rockin Mckay
May. 22, 2013 at 7:50 PM • Report
Thanks a ton, Liv. For the comment and for visualizing what this poem means. I'm sure sure as to how much of my work you've read. But I think there are atill a couple you haven't read. I think I haven't read all of your work either. Which I intend to do. Either way, thank you so much. 
May. 23, 2013 at 2:12 PM • Report
Beautiful. You described todays world virtually.... I think someone else already said that but still... and honestly the true moments in life are the ones that dont last that long. I love how you captured it in this poem... Well done.
Apr. 12, 2013 at 3:18 PM • Report
Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.
Apr. 16, 2013 at 4:03 PM • Report
I have a sort of interesting connection with this, because a loved one and I used to make it a game to communicate solely through Twitter (a social media which we both despised) whenever we couldn't see each other. ...trying to express as much love and feeling as you can, as creatively as you can, in 140 characters. What a world we live in. I totally dig this poem, though. You really captured our generation. Five stars, my friend.
Apr. 10, 2013 at 7:04 PM • Report
That means a lot for you to say. Your one of the best here. I admire your work. And envy you as well :). You have many Eidtors' Choice and that say a lot about your talent. So for you to say that you "dig" this poem, it is a huge compliment for me. Thank you.
Apr. 11, 2013 at 4:10 PM • Report
Haha, wow, I didn't realize I was that well-known :u But I have certainly read enough of your poetry to say that you are just as talented and even more so than I am. Please keep writing, cos I DO "dig" it. Haha :)
Apr. 12, 2013 at 12:31 PM • Report
Thank you. 
Apr. 16, 2013 at 4:03 PM • Report