The Eye | Teen Ink

The Eye

By nicman121212 BRONZE, Charlotte, North Carolina
nicman121212 BRONZE, Charlotte, North Carolina

I can’t find the exit, I’m totally lost. I don’t have much time now, Jordan is getting heavy, and WEO WEO, a light erupts and an alarm goes off. Then I saw it, the last thing before I blacked out: the bomb to destroy America.

ooo

My name in Gray I am 15 years old, I live in America with my dad: David, and mom: Lily.
I have one green eye and one Brown Eye. The green eye sees the truth, but The Brown Eye sees much, much, more. The Brown Eye shows me others thoughts, secrets, and lies. The deepest secrets are never safe. That’s why I’m here, the most secret place in the world: the bottom of the Pacific Ocean.

ooo

It was October 3rd, 2931 my 15th birthday. My mother sent me and my best friend Jordan on a trip to Jundab. We had just arrived in a place we never should have gone. We had traveled there in the roiple (A very fast submarine), and we were attacked as soon as we arrived. We were separated and I was taken to an underground lab, to be a test subject for their newest military equipment. They injected substances into me that made me super strong, invulnerable to shock, and withstand bullets.
It was not so bad until the gave me Subject 7.
Subject 7 was a ray of light cast into the iris of the subject giving them the power of x-ray vision.
Subject 7 failed.

ooo

After 3 days of no sight I finally had my vision, but that was not the only thing. Secrets, thoughts, lies, plans, and much more were all seen by my left eye, but me right was the same as usual. After 3 more days of seeing these secrets I decided to try to escape this prison. I started looking into peoples minds when they brought food, but I found nothing except “Left wing third room.” On the 10th day they started testing on me again and I decided now was my chance. As a doctor was coming to inject the substance 10 into my foot, I kicked a table at him and leaped from the operating chair. I ran through the door and looked left then right. I went left, and burst through the third door as if my life depended on it.

ooo

When I go in a see Jordan tied to a chair, and moaning a little. He is hooked up to some cords that look like they are pulsing energy into him. I run over and rip the cords from my body, which should have electrocuted me to death, but I am shockproof. Then I grab his body just as guard steps into the room. He sprays us with an array of bullets, but then again I’m bulletproof. I throw the cords that were attached to Jordan and they hit him on his left forearm making him pass out. I then run through the door and try to find the loading dock. I pass a room that has a great, big sign that says: SUBJECT 8. I look through the window through the door. I can’t find the dock, I’m totally lost. I don’t have much time now, and Jordan is getting heavy, and WEO WEO, a light erupts and an alarm goes off. But before the window in the door closes I see it. The last thing before I blacked out: the bomb to destroy America.

ooo

I woke up in a room with a light blue color and I noticed that it was a glass dome. I WAS IN AN UNDERWATER DOME. At first I was scared out of my mind, but then after seeing the fish swim around it I got used to it. I was looking a purple fish when someone walks in.
“Hello Gray, my name is Kevin.” He says “How do you like your room?”
“Where am I? Where is Jordan?” I reply.
“Whoa there, we can talk about those things, but first I must take you to my office.”
“OK, but only if you promise to tell me where Jordan is.”
We walk down a hallway that has the same glass dome and take a left. We then see a hallway of offices.
“Here we are,” Kevin says, opening the third door on the left. “First I would like to thank you for helping us discover a Chilocas hideout location. We found you in a prison cell when we raided the base, and we decided you might be able to tell us some information, so we brought you here. Second of all I would like you to say hello to Jordan.”
I am so happy at that moment, but then I wonder where he is when I feel a tap on my shoulder.
“Hello Gray,” Jordan says.
But when I turn around he is not there, then after 5 seconds he starts to appear in front of my face!
“Invisibility, from subject 6, I have other powers too. Breathing underwater from subject 2 and Fire resistance from subject 4.”
“Sweet,” I say. “but where are we.”
“I was just about to tell you,” Kevin says. “the bottom of the Pacific Ocean.”

ooo

After 2 days of just talking with jordan, taking physical tests, and exploring the U.S. base, Kevin calls me to his office.
“I need you to tell me everything that you saw in that Chilocas base. It is very important.”
I tell him about the test rooms and the cell I have to stay in. Then, I told him about the most important thing of all SUBJECT 8. He thinks about this and tells me he will inform our troops and get the ready in a full out attack, that I will lead.

ooo

Kenin briefs me for the mission and tells me all the things that I already know about. He tells me the weapons they will use, the transportation we will take, and the soldiers that will be escorted me. Lastly he tells me the mission, plant a smaller bomb on Subject 8, escape the Chilocas base, and detonate the base. These things I already know of course all because of the Brown Eye. We will wake at O three hundred hours tomorrow to attack, plant, and escape the Chilocas base.

ooo

I feel a tap on my shoulder, immediately I know it is time to go. After I left the office with Kevin he equipped me with weapons and gadgets I would use for the mission. I get up and see Sargent Scully holding my bag for me. I get dressed and we meet at the roiple dock. It is me and 12 other guards. This would mean we would have to take 4 roiples but these are not regular roiples they are equipped with missiles and a minigun is welded to the top. So we only need to take 3. Then Sergeant Skuully taps me on the shoulder and says ”It’s go time.”
ooo

We ride for what seems an hour when we slow down and stop at a small island. We are a half mile away according to a woman holding an antenna like thing.
“4 guards will stay here and protect the roiples. The other 8 come with me and Gray.”
Skully says. “You are in charge when we get to the base.”
“OK,” I say.
We swim for 10 minutes and then we see the base. We arrived on the shore and activated our trackers that the antenna the woman was holding would pick up. Then it was go time.

ooo

We entered the cave through a back entrance and immediately I remember the layout of the place. We are 2 floors above Subject 8. We find the stairs and go down 2 floors. We are almost to the room that holds Subject 8 when we see three guards outside of it. Private Brady takes them out with 3 clicks of a machine that looks like a microwave. We get to the door and when we open it the room it totally empty, except for Subject 8. We finish planting a FDC-673 explosive on it when the alarm goes off. WEO WEO.
“Looks like we are going to fight to get out of here,” Says Tina, another private.
We grab our guns and run back to the stairs when 3 of our men are blow up by a TR6. We get to the floor we entered from and this is where we take out 9 guards not facing us, but no befor Tina is shot in the neck and dies instantly. We get to the exit and jump into the water and start swimming. We get to the island and load up the roiples and speed away when we are 15 minutes away we detonate the bomb and the biggest wave hits us 2 minutes later wiping out a roiple. We get back to our base and unload our roiples. We go into the base and look for Kevin. But there is nobody in the whole base it is just me 5 guards and Sargent Skully.