Invictus | Teen Ink

Invictus

By phillip123 BRONZE, Sacramento, California
phillip123 BRONZE, Sacramento, California

What is a great movie? A great movie is when it is inspiring or exciting. A great movie to me is invictus. Invictus is a movie about Nelson Mandela during his presidency and the world cup of rugby. Invictus is very inspiring; it’s a masterpiece.

Nelson Mandela is one of the main characters and the president of South Africa. He is also using the Springboks because he wants to bring the country together. Francis is another main character and is the captain of the Springboks. Francis doesn’t know Mandela is using them. Francis inspires his team by taking them to Robin Island were Mandela was held for 28 years.

Nelson Mandela got out of prison in 1990 and became president of South Africa in 1994. In South Africa the black people want to get rid of the Springboks because there colors represent apartheid. Mandela wants to preserve the Springboks for he can get elected president. Mandela also wants the Springboks to win the world cup. At the end of the movie, the Springboks win the world cup and Mandela has inspired the country to come together.

I recommend you to watch Invictus because it is very inspirational. It’s inspirational because it’s about Mandela and the Springboks wining the world cup. Mandela inspires Francis and Francis inspires his team by taking them to Robin Island.

Invictus is awesome because its made me want to excel in life. If Blockbusters or Red Box still has it, you should go rent it. It would be good because I really want you to see it. It’s a very good movie. You should go ask your parents to rent it for you.

i think i did very good on this because Invictus was the best movie i seen so far.

Jayhawk said...
I had forgotten about this movie & how much I enjoyed it until I read your enthusiastic review. Thanks for doing such a good job!

jj77 said...
I love this movie.  It is sad to see a man like Mandela in such a struggle for his life right now.  A true hero.  Viva Mandela!