Home About Menu Menu Subscribe

The Search for Order

Bjorn P., Cannon Falls, MN By bJorn, Cannon Falls, MN

Sitting alone in my quiet bedroom, a recurring question pops into my head. “Why do I exist?” “What is my purpose?” “Is there a God?” These questions matter because the existence or absence of God can change how I will live out my life and what will happen to me after death. The journey starts with science, moves through faith, and ends with Christianity. Through this search, I have affirmed my belief in God

The first roadblock to religion seems to be science. Science and religion are always butting heads, but do they need to be? Here is an excerpt from the textbook Conceptual Physical Science Explorations: “Science is mostly engaged with discovering and recording natural phenomena... And religion addresses the source, purpose, and meaning of it all.

Continue Reading »

Join the discussion

3 comment(s)
Gills
Sorry, but that didn't really prove anything for me. You'll find that it's not very persuasive to write "Christianity is the way to go, and the rest of the religions have some major flaw." Religions do not have flaws, they have differences. Buddhism isn't "wrong" because it denies the existance of a God, just like Paganism isn't "wrong" because they deny the existance of both God and Satan. There are more paths than just Christianity. No religion is "right" or "wrong." I don't mean to offend anyone, but if anything, Christianity is the religion that comes to mind when I think of discrimination. They were willing to burn people alive in order to enforce their religion during the Salem Witch Trials, because they believed that their religion was the only way to go. So forgive me for being Pagan and resenting them a little bit.
Apr. 10, 2013 at 3:48 PM • Report
TargonTheDragon
beautifully written. it warms me to the core. i greatly encourage more writing like this!
Apr. 10, 2013 at 3:45 PM • Report
TargonTheDragon
i wrote a similar article called "quiet stillness" that has very similar feeling like your first paragraph.
Apr. 10, 2013 at 3:46 PM • Report
Close