Mr. Champion | Teen Ink

Mr. Champion

By myles hughes BRONZE, Newark, Delaware
myles hughes BRONZE, Newark, Delaware

Teacher outline

The teacher I am going to choose is my old physical education teacher and coach Mr. Champion. He was my fifth grade teacher as well. He is a really fun guy who loves to teach kids and also loves sports. When he was my physical education teacher, it was fun; he loved having us run then play basketball, floor hockey, and soccer. Also, he was my basketball coach in 8th grade.

He is also a lifeguard at the pool I used to go to and because of him I went to the middle school where he was teaching. It was a great experience with him as my teacher because he is a great person that cares about his students. As a teacher he is a great guy, but on the basketball court he can be very intense, but the reason is to help turn you into a better basketball player. This can also be stated in gym class as well; if a kid is being annoying, he will not take any nonsense from any one.

Also, he has a great taste when it comes to sports teams. Both of our favorite teams are the Michigan Wolverines and the New York Yankees. This is great because everyday after one of our games, we would talk about what had happened and the things that we though were bad calls. This really helped us form a good relationship. Also, we have teams that we don’t like and argue about; it just helps the relationship between us.

He is a very good person as well and is always able to help you in your times of need or the times that you are having trouble. This is why that some of his old students are still in touch with him. Also, he has a very kind spirit. He is also very smart and knows a lot about the United States and the states’ history. He also loves to have fun with us by doing funny things, and he lets us have a good time.

Nowadays we haven’t seen each other that much, but every time I go back to the school. I see him and talk to him about school sports and stuff like that. Mr. Champion is one of the best teachers ever. His good character really helps the kids love him; they want to come back and visit him. His coaching and fun is something that I miss. I hope I grow up to be just like him.