Home About Menu Menu Subscribe

...howl

Morgan C., Kasilof, AK By MyApocalypticThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time., Tumwater, WA

When I was a child-
more of a child than I may be now-
I looked forward to my 16th birthday like a religious man looks forward to
meeting his God.
It would be my Golden Age
my Coming of Age
the beginning of the Perfect Age…
the beginning of my life
as I would know it.
As it turns out,
this year has been a study of failure
in many different colors,
shapes, sizes, variations of all sorts,
characters coming in and having a good look around and usually dying after an unimportant and wordy emotional monologue by yours truly…
I’ve lost so much this year,
learned so much,
here at the end of it of course I’m happy,

Continue Reading »

Join the discussion

2 comment(s)
Mckay
This is funny yet in a serious witty way. I remeber being 16; it was so awkward yet I thought I was this very mature person, when that was the last thing. I think I missed out a lot because I wanted to mature so rapidly. fun to remember all those moments. *whoo* Another great poem by the one and only MyApocalyptic. By the way, did you see what I thought is the interpretation of your poem A Vision? I wanted to make sure I was correct. Oh, also I like the title of this poem. I reminds me of Ginsberg's "Howl". Although, I so believe you weren't inspired by LSD to make this poem as he was to make his poem. Or were you....? No kidding. ^u^
Apr. 26, 2013 at 3:58 PM • Report
Taylor B.
Wow, this is really amazing. I can feel all the emotion you put into it, and all the words just come together so perfectly to create a scene. Keep writing!
Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:56 PM • Report
Close