Home About Menu Menu Subscribe

How We Buried Our Baby This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

By 2PCamp, Cromwell, CT

Emptiness unlike I have felt ever before now sits squarely in my chest, rising and falling with my heartbeat. She was the baby in the family, born less than a decade before I was, yet ripped away far before any of us could see what she would grow to be. Melissa Carpini died, age 26, unmarried, unknown cause, and loved by more people than a single person will know in their entire lifetime. She was the youngest of my mothers siblings, and the clear favorite of my grandparents. Brilliance spilled from her mouth with every sentence she spoke and the world became a better place everywhere she laid her foot. She had the most potential in our entire family, and it was all snatched away from her and from us one darkened day in 2006.

Continue Reading »

Join the discussion

2 comment(s)
TheEleventhHour
This is by far the most amazing piece I have read on this website. It is beautiful, sorrowful, and so amazingly meaningful. It must have hurt so much to lose someone that important to you, someone you loved so very much, and I love how you took your pain and heartache an turned it into something beautiful. You are a wonderful writer and seem like a truly wonderful person, someone who is geuine and kind and loving. Really, really, really great job, I hope you keep writing.
May. 09, 2013 at 3:51 PM • Report
guardianofthestars
This was written so well. I could clearly feel the pain and sadness through the words.  Your words painted the sad scene clearly.  It must've been hard for you to write this. I applaude you for that.
May. 08, 2013 at 10:19 AM • Report
Close