Dasha: Of an Estival Goodbye | Teen Ink

Dasha: Of an Estival Goodbye MAG

Somber, red lipstick lay atop a dress,
Plaintively sewn with one spindly finger,
Salt splayed across the floor, her face a mess,
But syrup-stained lips drew her to linger,
Compelled by innocuous acts of lust,
She came running – three hours by dirt road,
Following silhouettes despite distrust,
Her Achilles heel; she asked for the code,
To the house that thundered and shook daily,
The tinted ethers boiled and sputtered,
Together we wore red lipstick gaily,
Shedding emotions that were too cluttered,
Secrets divulged were rebottled with sleep,
Transient light flecked the tea left to steep.

micshea99 PLATINUM, Matthews, North Carolina
I absolutely love this!! My fav line is "shedding emotions that were too cluttered" stunning!

eliana924 GOLD said...
eliana924 GOLD, New York, New York
I love how you used a stict rhyme and meter to juxtapose the abstract quality of its content. I also really like the imagery. Some people said the words were big and hard to understand, but I like the air of grandeur your vocabulary adds.

Archery-nerd GOLD, West Jordan, Utah

"A fool knows himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool." ~William Shakespeare~

I got it. It was amazing!

toria45 BRONZE said...
toria45 BRONZE, Parma, Ohio

I dont need easy i need possible ~ Bethany Hamilton

same here keep easier to read

Artist4lif3 said...
on Apr. 3 2011 at 11:48 am
Artist4lif3, PHOENIX, Arizona

So it's not gonna be easy. It's gonna be really hard. We're gonna have to work at this every day, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, for ever, you and me, every day. Will you do something for me, please? Just picture your life for me? 30 years from now, 40 years from now? What's it look like? If it's with him, go. Go! I lost you once, I think I can do it again. If I thought that's what you really wanted. But don't you take the easy way out.

okay..i dnt understand this AT ALL. i think its just the big words..

buggzbunnie BRONZE, Middle River, Maryland
i dont understand thed point this poem makes but i love it . i love tht a poem i dnt understand  can be so good and make since all at once

Lord_Limitless BRONZE, New Bern, North Carolina
thanks. i'll take that into consideration.

graduated said...
graduated, Mattapoisett, Massachusetts

I do like this poem, though I had to read it a couple times to understand it... and I think I catch the meaning of it.

My comment to Pa S. though, is that poems shouldn't be considered great simply because you think it has advanced vocabulary.  I think it's a little unfair to tell the author that you loved the poem even though you don't get it.

MoandBrowniegirl SILVER, Toronto, Other

"Reach high, for stars lie hidden in your soul; dig deep, for every dream preceeds the goal."

This is a wonderful poem. I love how it follows a structured line, yet veers off in every possible direction. This is the best way to enjoy poetry; abstract reality. I'm really impressed; some of the best write like this. You have to pause and think.

Keep it up!

Joob-Stache GOLD, Rice Lake, Wisconsin

Don't be afraid to take a chance, to take a fall, in the end it could be worth it all<3

I like this very much. I think that it is nicely done. I am really picky when it comes to reading poetry but I really liked this. Great job. That was stupendous!!! I know that this might not mean much since I'm only 13, but still, it was AMAZING!!

woah. too many big words. if i understood all of them, then i'l understand it. wat i did understand, tho, was GREAT! kudoz

on Feb. 17 2010 at 9:15 am
PoetLaureate07 PLATINUM, Aberdeen, Mississippi

To love is to risk not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure, but the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing..

same here...... its still pretty though.... some of the most beautiful poetry is what you cant understand, but what is still understandable at the same time!!!

laura111 said...
What is this about? Sorry, I'm confused. But otherwise it was beautifully written!