Bank of Views | Teen Ink

Bank of Views

Bank of Views

Hello there. You may be wondering why you are here, or who I am. You are a typical person for asking that, and that makes you predictable. Furthermore, I must sometimes give in to the typicals. You may refer to me as the Man of Views, the Storyteller if you will.
This here will test your view of good and evil, and no I will not tell you the right answer, you predictable person.

Harvey Shortston was an ordinary corporate slave living in New York City. He started out like any other day going to the cafe just down the street, but today he needed to run to the bank.
The bank was a large building, as you would expect, with large marble pillars with slight indents around the initial column, a grand entryway, and long marble steps. Inside you could see a grand granite floor with a single red carpet leading to the various tellers in a dull navy blue polo shirt and tan khakis. Unfortunately, there was a good line that covered most of the carpet.
Harvey was a little annoyed at this, but he didn’t want to cause a scene so he waited his turn just like everyone else. Now, there were only eleven people, not including him, six in front, five in back. Then, one of the men at the teller’s counter raises his voice a little, but not enough to hear what he was saying. Next, he pulls out a metallic black object, which Harvey didn’t recognize at the time, but wished he had never looked at.
The man took the object and squeezed it, creating a loud noise. Following that noise was: a misty cloud of red, a tiny object, and a body that quickly collapsed, sprawling onto the floor. Harvey was dizzy at the sight of this and needed to find a way out before, as he guessed, everyone was taken hostage.
Many ominous men jumped out of their so called, “Hiding Positions” and sprang into action. They quickly blocked the doors, and forced everyone into a circle to control the crowd. One of the men suggested that they kill them all and quickly carry out the heist, but another one, Harvey considering that he was the leader, rejected his idea. They simply ran it by their so called plan, where guards keep the hostages and everyone else gets the money.
Then, the phone rang and it was the police. They wanted to know what it would take to free the hostages, and the leader wanted nothing, nothing would let Harvey be free.

That seemed to stun the cops, because only a few minutes later they called back with threats that they were going to storm the building. Nevertheless, he simply had no expression and went back to looting the bank.
After, some of the men simply pulled out their guns, and shot six hostages, all for no reason. That horrified many of the rest to the point where some fainted. The cops must’ve heard the shots, because they then stormed the building killing anyone with a gun.
Harvey was relieved that he was out of that place. He felt as though he had survived the hostage situation of the year. There was now only one thing on his mind, how will I get my money?
Now you have heard the tale, and I will leave you to decide what happens next. You will never know my name except as the Man of Views. Lastly, I must say, that bank heist seemed to have benefited me greatly in money and planning skill.