Home About Menu Menu Subscribe

Brother This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

Mariah P., Lansing, MI By Writing., Lansing, MI

That kid, I swear, drives me mad enough to slam my head into a wall. He's annoying, loud, immature, and copies every joke and word that slips from my mouth. But I swear, that kid, is worth dying for.

After all, he is my brother. So would I be OK with some man I don't know digging sharp, deadly utensils into my brother's head? No. No I wouldn't be OK with that.

It was Friday. Now, I don't know about you, but Friday's are VERY important to me. That is my "Ahhh, finally. Freedom" day. The day I can feel relaxed, happy, free from the school I dreaded. But instead, this Friday, I'm in a chair. In a hospital. Half tempted to just walk out and go home.

Continue Reading »

Join the discussion

2 comment(s)
Wow... ive seen a lot of your work and its all pretty amazing... your a very talented writer but this was really moving... this kind of made me realize how much i take my little brothers for granted.... I couldnt imagine being in that position i'd probably die of anxiety... but more importantly im glad your brother got through surgery fine without any complications. God works wonders.
May. 22, 2013 at 12:33 AM • Report
Yes he does :) and thank you. That means a lot. It's funny... all my other pieces when I wrote them I was like "pleeeease get in the magizine or editors choice" but this was the only piece where I didn't even really expect/want editors choice.. xD Oh well, its a big honor.
May. 22, 2013 at 8:11 AM • Report