Human Nature | Teen Ink

Human Nature

By Saber_Darkheart SILVER, Denver, Colorado
Saber_Darkheart SILVER, Denver, Colorado

"The time has come for a change to be made to not only this nation, but to the world as well in everything we do and say, only then can we achieve even the slightest hint of world peace"-Supreme Commander Chris, in his message to the world (My book)

An ancient blue sphere rotates slowly in the universe under the cover of its clouds. Though time moves on for it, it is frozen…a silent breeze whispers through the broken windows of crumbling structures, there is a traffic jam, but no one is sounding the horn.
Everything is silent, no more people wander the streets in a hurry to get to their jobs…the sounds of the city have been silenced. No more lights burn, the clock no longer turns; everything is still; only broken by day and night.
In this place there is no time, the seasons come and go, it’s cold and dark and filled with despair. No widow cries out for her husband, no children for their parents, no men have returned and the earth spins on. Rainclouds gather in the sky, shrouding the city in darkness, an attempt by nature to cover a dark secret.
As the rain starts pounding down, and the lightning begins to flash, a wing with the letters USAF glimmers as it is cleansed of the dust. “What has happened here” the wind begins to ask receiving the silent response “It is human nature, what else?”

This serves as a warning to everyone, and all leaders of the nations of Earth about what will happen if there's a WWIII. This also mourns the innocent lives that were taken and reflects on the loop we as a race seem to be stuck in