Broken Family | Teen Ink

Broken Family

By Jeremy Rautio BRONZE, Duluth, Minnesota
Jeremy Rautio BRONZE, Duluth, Minnesota

Would you ever consider living in a home when the foundation is poor? What if the foundation crumbles and the family is crushed under the left over rubble. There is very little difference between the foundation of a home or the foundation of a family. If the teacher teaches the student how to steal the student is going to grow up to do so. The same concept is true for the family when a father isn’t there for his family the family will crash and go through emotional problems, physical problems, and most likely the son is going to do the same when it is his turn to start his own unless he is at some point in his life taught differently by someone ells or given another view on life. This is a story in different perspectives within a broken family.

Every night I fall asleep sad. My face is full of dry tears, for if I actually let them roll down my face then only more people would make fun of me or choose to have nothing to do with me because I am a lunatic. Everyone at school sees the obnoxious crazy girl and then turns to making fun of me instead of actually getting to know me. Inside I am insecure and scared; all I want is attention from someone. I have a brother that I can go to, but I always get the feeling that it isn’t enough. For some reason if he cheers me up it only helps a little bit, there is still an empty abyss within my heart that can’t be truly filled. If I cry, I am afraid of people seeing the true me.

I am a single mother trying to juggle life as a single mother. My children seem to never respect me and I can never seem to get it right. I am out of the door before they get up and come home after they are already in bed. The little bit of time that I do get to see them they seem to want nothing to do with me. Everything that I ask for them to get done never does. The only help I get from there father is a lecture on how I am a shitty mother and that I need to do better. All that single mothers’ need I guess to keep going is a little pep talk. I am sick of being treated like s*** from everyone around me and not being able to spend time with my children or being able to do all the things that I want with them.

Growing up since 4th grade has been tough. For the first two years I was stunned acting out as random as I can. From that point besides dealing with my own problems I forced myself to seem mature on the outside even when I was hurt and crushed on the inside for my family. My sister was broken down without a father and my mother without a husband. I had to grow up quick. I wanted to understand why my father had to move out and then I later found out. My grandfather was touching my sister and my dad knew about it. To make the story short I saw and told my mom which she went to talk to my dad about it. She then found out that he know about it and then kicked him out of the house. I then slowly found out the hard way that my father was never there for us. As I grew up I started to notice more things. How just the littlest things can lead people down the worst roads and end up destroying their lives. The question has run through my mind every day why do people have to be the way that they are. Why must life be so harsh? I have made the goal for myself to be as different as people in general as I can be. No matter whom it is I am kind to them. I will grow up to be the best parent anyone can be. If people tell me that I can’t do something, It will become my new goal and I will prove people wrong instead of cowering like the typical losers do. I will help anyone that needs it no matter the sacrifice.

Kyuu said...
on Feb. 18 2017 at 11:28 pm
You should get to know the Lord Jesus Christ and read God's word, the Bible. You will see how He will help you.