Home About Menu Menu Subscribe

Go Ask Alice by Anonymous This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

By Nicole R., Colorado Springs, CO

“This will be a good trip. Come on, relax, enjoy it.” This is how it started. Alice, once a shy, innocent girl, is sucked into the heartless world of drugs because of her need to be accepted. She did not plan for this to happen; she didn’t even know it was happening, but the people who drugged her drink unknowingly began the whirlpool that would soon trap Alice. The first culprit? A soda, laced with LSD.

Alice is a 15-year-old with long straight hair and a passion for the beauty of life. After that fateful day, however, her mood – whether wild, funny, happy, loving, depressed, or lonely – depends on drugs. Though drugs, or lack thereof, change Alice’s way of thinking, all she really wants is to be happy and loved; isn’t that what we all want?

Continue Reading »

Join the discussion

5 comment(s)
rheame
your review has made me eager to read the novel!!
Aug. 22, 2015 at 10:32 PM • Report
rod1230
Excellent story. Its nice to hear, the concern and thoughtfulness this person had for her friend. I hope this article brings more awareness about teens and depression.
Jun. 12, 2015 at 6:10 PM • Report
JokerSpears
This is one of my all time favorite books! I have to admit that I cried at the end. This is probably the only book I've ever cried during and that's saying something since I've read The Fault in Our Stars. This book opens my eyes to the things that no one thinks of like lacing our party cups with LSD. Which little do we know will send us down a terrible road in the future. I love this book and would also recommend it to others who like Ellen Hopkins and books like 'Cut' or 'Skinny'.
May. 04, 2015 at 11:20 PM • Report
Cheycakes
I can proudly say I have read this book 6 times. I never fail to relate to Alice, or to feel her emotions strongly. I highly recommed this book to any girl who is struggling with any type of battle. Alice is in someways someone you can relate to (in my opinion, anyways.)
Jul. 22, 2013 at 1:51 AM • Report
Francescatownsend
For some reason my english teacher recommend this book to me in 7th grade, I am in 11th grade now and evidently it has been embedded in my mind. This book is a real eye opener, when I was reading it, it was almost as though I was living vicariously through her. Certainly, a life that I wish to not pursue. I recommend this book that wants an interesting read.
Dec. 01, 2012 at 8:51 PM • Report
Close