Singer Mandia Nantsios | Teen Ink

Singer Mandia Nantsios

By madihayameen PLATINUM, Karachi, Other
madihayameen PLATINUM, Karachi, Other

Interview of Mandia Nantsios
Date of birth: September 17, 1996
Birthplace: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Zodiac sign: Virgo
Person who influenced you most: Christina Aguilera, Whitney Houston, Beyonce, Celine
Celebrity you want to meet: Justin Bieber
Siblings: Alexander
1.
Tell us about yourself.
I am a regular teenager, I love social media (facebook, twitter, instagram), I am a real girly girl ( I love pink, crystals, anything sparkly and getting my nails done).
2.
When did you start singing?
I started singing when I was 5 years old.
3.
Does anyone in your family sing?
I am the first and only one that sings in my family.
4.
How much family support is needed in this career?
Family support is everything. You need a lot of help and encouragement in this career.
5.
Tell us about your educational background and what are your plans for studying?
I am a grade 11 student in an arts school where I am studying in the vocal program (theory, classical and choral).
6.
What inspires your sound?
I listened to many of the Divas growing up like Christina, Whitney, Celine, Beyonce and started singing their songs so I would say I have a sound that combines all the things that I loved about their technique and sound.
7.
What inspired you to sing/write Never Again?
I decided to write a song that many teenagers can relate to and face it in high school this goes on a lot and you just need to go on.
8.
Are you happy with One Last Time’s success?
Yes this was my first commercial release and I am so happy with all the support I got from all my fans, family channel and much music. I can’t believe my video is on television!
9.
What do you do when you are not making music?
Study so I can catch up to all the work I miss when I am working on my music. There’s really not a lot of time for anything else but school but my music does take over.
10.
You cover other singers too. Which has been the best one?
I love doing covers. My best one I think is Adele’s “Set Fire to the Rain”. It was done live with real musicians so it was special to me.
11.
What has been the best experience so far?
Working on my album has been my best experience so far. Going through all the songs and song writing with many talented people and then finally recording a final product.
12.
Are you currently working on any projects?
I am always song writing to try to come up with that one special song.
13.
What can you tell us about your debut album?
My album will have songs that every age group listen to not just the teens.
14.
Are there any artists/bands you admire and wish to work with?
I would love to work with Beyonce because she is still doing it and staying current after all these years.
15.
What's the best piece of advice someone ever gave you?
To be true to yourself and not change your style to please everyone else.
16.
What are your musical goals and what lessons have you learned so far?
I would say to be a better songwriter and maybe one day to be lucky enough to be known across the whole world and maybe make a lasting impression.
17.
Where so you see yourself in 10-15 years time?
Hopefully touring around to many beautiful Countries meeting great people.
18.
Does it scare that young girls might look upon you as a role model for them?
I love when girls tell me that I inspire them because it shows I am doing the right thing and If I can give someone courage and support to follow their dream I do so.
19.
Any message for young readers about following their dreams?
Following your dream is really hard but try to set goals for yourself one step at a time. The best feeling is achieving a goal whether its writing a song, performing at a school play or even winning a competition. Each time try to get a little further. You are the only one that can make a dream come true. How ironic that I have a song on my album about this!