Home About Menu Menu Subscribe

alice's third bottle This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

Ada C., Tomball, TX By east_of_ada, Tomball, TX

Absorption is a skill that women know, where they can adapt, change
mix in like cake batter, and stir in a pinch of salt.
Breathing in water that builds beneath my pores, flushing between holes that breach within us all.
But you didn’t know, you thought I was a solid, but I was soiled,
much like a kitchen sponge.
Wring me, Wring me.

Feel free, you can cut off them limbs, don’t worry
they don’t grow back, but they’re yours.
Fifty grand noses, sixty grand of plastic built beneath false color
mela-mela-
nin.
I could never get that right; melatonin, melanin; maybe that’s why I ended up here.
Wring me, Wring me.

Snatched life up by the neck, and wrung it out like laundry on a wire,

Continue Reading »

Join the discussion

3 comment(s)
Mckay
Recently, I borrowed once again Plath's Collected Poems due to reading your work. Not kidding by the way. Again, I'm in love with her work. Your work resembles her work. Especially this poem. It reminds me of "Munich Mannequins" or something like that. XD Sometimes, I believe, there's no way this person is a teenager but an adult due to the precision you write with in your poetry. The allusions, metaphors, similes, emotion—they're all powerful. You are a talented poet. Again, congrats on the Editors' Choice. I'm starting to fear you. You're taking "my" Editors' Choices. XD Well done, Ada. Please, keep writing. 
Aug. 22, 2013 at 5:53 PM • Report
east_of_ada
-cries- you made me give birth to poetry fetus tears. -bawls- I offically love you now-hugs- thank you for your kind words friend.
Aug. 22, 2013 at 9:26 PM • Report
Mckay
Awww. No prob. You're really talented. 
Aug. 23, 2013 at 7:03 PM • Report
Close