Behind These Hazel Eyes | Teen Ink

Behind These Hazel Eyes

By Jonathan Parras BRONZE, Burnaby, Other
Jonathan Parras BRONZE, Burnaby, Other

Love: the very thing that is known and felt within the corners of this world, and said to be the most powerful feeling towards another person. As an ignorant kid, I never really felt that I ever had a glimpse of it, perhaps the reason why I ridiculed every single part of it whenever other people talks of it. Hoping I will find it someday, I sent myself on a mission to find it but years have gone by, I have given up. Let it be written in my tombstone that my life is considerably better without it. But life has always has its own ways. However, I never really thought that it will have the grand encounter with my guard as low as it could ever be.

The bus was later than usual; I always think that there must be a “legitimate” reason why, perhaps the driver took a wrong turn and made his way to an alien society. While I was busy trying to make myself occupied, I noticed she was making her way towards me. Apparently she was with my brother in a couple of classes and told me that I resemble his face a lot. I consider myself fine on some things but trying to make a conversation last (long enough) with a woman has always got me stymied. The arrival of the bus was a huge relief but considering the 1-hour long road trip with her, I think it’s a little bit early to open up the champagne.

The only thing in my mind while we were talking was the arrival of the moment of silence where awkwardness was known for dominating it. But it was different, SHE was different. For every conversation I had, I always had to constantly think of another subject whenever one subject ends but I never had to worry about it with her, for some reason the conversation constantly flows. But the inevitability has to come, my stop. Although for reasons unknown, that was the most relaxing moment I ever had for quite a while. I never met anyone who is just as a complete opposite as me. You can think of me as a guy, who eats alone in the corner while her, well, she’s probably the topic of her friends’ conversation again.

The conversation on the bus was not the end. We talked during our classes together and also over the phone. From that moment everything was perfect, and then that moment ended. We both parted ways in order for us to pursue our dreams, but I can’t help but think that we did have something. I wouldn't really call it love, but it was something memorable and powerful. If she ever reads this, she’ll find me somewhere in the corner waiting for another conversation with her

Though this is actually real, I'm trying to practice for an upcoming English test. So if you don't mind, I would like to hear your opinions and advises for me. Thanks!