Home About Menu Menu Subscribe

How To Be an Iceberg This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

Lucy M., Greenwich, CT By LucyK, Greenwich, CT

Start by having a mental breakdown. Have your parents force you to go to a school where the motto is “Linking education and emotional support.” This school, because of its small facilities (the bagel store next door is bigger than this “school”), takes a maximum of 25 students. The scheduling of your breakdown was a little off, so you start in the last week of October, you are the 19th student.

Spend your first month just watching; keep your mouth shut unless you are complimenting someone or answering a teacher. This is called “The Honeymoon phase.” The others will think you're sweet and just a little shy or perhaps they will think you have social anxiety; maybe that is why you go to this school. Let them think that, you'd rather have them assume you just don't like people than have them know why you really go here.

Continue Reading »

Join the discussion

1 comment(s)
Kiwi.
This is amazing... outstanding work, takes you rightto that headst, great ending and comparison I hadn't thought about before - definitely will now ;)
Sep. 19, 2013 at 11:04 AM • Report
Close