50 First Dates | Teen Ink

50 First Dates

By berenicex3 BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware
berenicex3 BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware

“Can I have one last first kiss?” This quote is important in the movie because it plays a big role. Lucy (played by Drew Daryymore) had gotten in a car crash on the day of her dads birthday. They were on their way back from getting a pineapple for her dads birthday cake. She had lost her memory after the crash. Anything after the accident she couldn’t remember. Henry (played by Adam Sandler) is a sailor who stopped by a coffee place where he first laid eyes on Lucy. He wasn’t a big fan of settling down with any girl but he felt like Lucy was the one.

This is one of my favorite movies of all times because I’m really into love and comedy movies, and this movie has both. The director, Peter Segal, is known for comedy films so right from the start I knew it would be a funny movie to watch. At first Henry was a “player” but he met Lucy and his mind set changed 100%. Any girl would like to have a guy change his ways just to be with her, and only her. Henry would have never guessed that Lucy wouldn’t recognize him the next day so when she flipped out he was upset. He ended up talking to Lucy’s dad and he didn’t care what anyone would say he wanted to be with Lucy. Even if he had to met her everyday like they’ve never met before.

Although this is a great movie it is very frustrating how Henry is just trying to win Lucy’s heart over throughout the whole movie. He does it in very unique ways but we all know that at the end of the day Lucy wont remember. Everyday is the same thing with henry and with Lucy’s day and brother. Her dad redoes everything that had happened on the day of the crash because Lucy feels like she’s just living that day. The director should have switched it up a little and added other things going on during that time.

50 First dates is like any other romance movie. The guy falls in love and so does the girl, there are some conflicts during the middle and then most of the time it ends with a happy ending. This movie had a little twist to it just because Lucy has no memory of Henry before the accident so she cant remember him at all. This problem makes it so difficult for these love birds to be happy. Everything has a solution though, right?

I would seriously recommend this movie if you ever wanted to have a good laugh or wanted to watch a cute love movie. You could buy the movie or watch it on Netflix. You can get sadness, happiness, and there’s a lot of suspense when it starts to get to the end of the movie. I really love this movie and if you ever decide to watch it you’ll probably fall in love with it too.