Katy Perry's Roar Music Video and Animal Abuse | Teen Ink

Katy Perry's Roar Music Video and Animal Abuse

By Zeeny PLATINUM, Staten Island, New York
Zeeny PLATINUM, Staten Island, New York

"When someone truly cares about you, they make an effort not an excuse"

To begin, the music video Roar is absolutely beautiful. I believe this is my number one favorite music video by Katy Perry. However, some people wonder if this video is discriminating animals in the jungle. I believe it does not. It shows-to me- that animals are lovable creatures (well some) and we should respect them. Animals nowadays are used for fur products. Like coats. It does not have to be just fur. Snakes and seals-baby seals- are used for wallets. If you want a snake printed wallet or fur coat then please use fake fur and snake skin. When Martha Stewart gave a video about PETA the abuse on animals someone in the comments mentioned that Lady Gaga didn't care that animals are abused for their fur or skin. Now, please don't hate me, but I don't think this is true. I mean...come on! Lady Gaga won't say that. She has a lion in her Poker Face music video. Not only tigers and lions are but: bears, beavers, baby seals, cats and dogs, foxes, mice and rats, and loads others. So far, China is the number one fur distributing place. No Katy Perry's Roar video does not discriminate animals. It has a message to it. Killing one animal is like murdering a baby. Don't harm an animal for any part of their body. Please don't. If you would like to watch the Martha Stewart video it is called: Martha Stewart PETA video clip. Lastly, treat humans AND animals the way you want to be treated.