Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy | Teen Ink

Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy MAG

“Anchorman” is one of the most hilarious movies produced this century. It is 104 minutes of nonstop laughter; even before the opening credits are over, it has begun its witty script. One cannot help but hoot at Ron Burgundy (Will Ferrell), a competitive anchorman in San Diego. The movie’s only downfall is its simple plot, although this is difficult to notice with all the chuckles.

Right after a news flash proclaims Channel 4 News the best news source of the month, the audience is introduced to the team. The next day, the crew hears dreadful news: a woman will be joining them.

Veronica Corningstone (Christina Applegate) immediately faces harassment from the all-male team, degrading news leads, a fight to make it to the top, and a love for the legendary Ron. Even as her love for him grows, she still looks for that chance to make it to the top.

One day Corningstone fills in for Ron. Immediately, the results roll in showing that San Diego loves the new face, forcing a fierce rivalry between them. If there is anything that makes the film funny, it is their quarrels. As the clashes increase, Ron says too much, which costs him his job. From there, things go from bad to worse for him.

All in all, the movie is excellent. Even with its simple plot, the production stands tall against other comedies. The DVD adds to the fun with deleted scenes, bloopers, interviews with Ron, and an outstanding music video to “Afternoon Delight.” This four-star motion picture is a must-see for any comedy-lover.