Harry Potter and The Half Blood Prince by J. K. Rowling | Teen Ink

Harry Potter and The Half Blood Prince by J. K. Rowling

By Zgirlie2 BRONZE, Charleston, West Virginia
Zgirlie2 BRONZE, Charleston, West Virginia

Joanna Rowling (J.K. Rowling) is the brilliant author of the Harry Potter series. She was born on July 31, 1965 in Yate England. She was born a few miles from a town called Dursley, which is the family Harry stays with. She got her author name J.K. Rowling from her grandmother Kathleen; she doesn’t have a middle name. Her books have been on the New York Times best-seller list, she has also gotten praise back in Europe. She has written other books besides this series ex. The Cuckoos Calling; The Tales of Beedle the Bard, and Casual Vacancy.

This is the sixth book in the Harry Potter series. For those of you that haven’t read the other amazing books, it’s about a boy named Harry Potter. Not just any boy ,but the boy who lived, plus he’s a wizard! He’s trained at the school of witchcraft and wizardry. (Hogwarts) He has two best friends named Hermione Granger, and Ron Weasley and a nemesis named Draco Malfoy.

In this book Harry and his headmaster Dumbledore are gathering information on Voldemort, the wizard that tried to kill Harry. (The Dark Lord) Everything is under strict protection this year, because of Voldemort and his followers (Death Eaters), killing people at random. They are also looking for horcruxes (objects that you can seal your soul in), so they can try to kill him for good! Outside of school is just as bad, people are being taken and wanted posters are everywhere! There is some good though, Harry is being known as “The Chosen One”, he is also captain of the quidditch team (their sport) and has become a teacher’s pet.

I thought that this book, as well as the others was awesome! It has everything you could want in it suspense; drama, comedy, romance, fantasy and a great choice of vocabulary. The setting of the book also is in Europe, so you’re learning about another culture. It kept me wanting more, I felt like I had to read on and know what was going to happen. I took it almost everywhere, where I went it went too!

I definitely would recommend this to everyone. What I love about it is that it’s not just for a certain gender, anyone can read it. There is also a real Hogwarts at Universal Studios in Orlando Florida, everything that’s in the books is there! As I said before it has almost all the genres that there are, it’s not just about love, or sports, it has it all! This book is really good for those who like to read, because it is long, but worth every page.

There really is no resolution it leaves you hanging! A lot of the problems were made worse, there was a battle at Hogwarts where many were injured and some died! Harry does end up finding a horcrux and has an idea what the other 4 could be. The only thing I would have changed would be, Hermione and Cormac not dating, everything else was just fine. After reading my book review I hope that you will read this series and that you find this useful.