National Treasure | Teen Ink

National Treasure MAG

I wasn’t expecting too much from “National Treasure.” After all, it’s by Disney, and Nicolas Cage is definitely past his prime. I was, however, thoroughly delighted.

The plot focuses on one man’s quest to uncover a great treasure hidden by the Founding Fathers. To do this he must travel to exotic locales, put himself in grave danger, and even steal the Declaration of Independence! This engrossing story is enough to keep anyone riveted, and the fine acting of Cage and villain Sean Bean keeps the picture moving.

The two-plus hours flew by like 10 minutes as I watched the adventure unfold. Best of all, this is one exciting trip the whole family can enjoy. There is no foul language, gratuitous violence or nudity. There is, however, a great plot, a dynamite cast and a powerful score that makes this a must-see movie.

If you’re a fan of swashbuckling action in the vein of “Indiana Jones” and a twisting, turning story that will leave you wanting more, go see “National Treasure.” You won’t be sorry.