Home About Menu Menu Subscribe

Spider-Man 2 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

By Elizabeth C., Larchmont, NY

Since the news is filled with violent images, I was a little wary of spending two hours watching even more violence. As it turned out, I shouldn't have worried: "Spiderman 2," though not without its share of violence, is a film that focuses more on the inner struggles of its protagonist.

Tobey Maguire returns as Peter Parker, the intelligent, sensitive young man who leads a double life as the hero Spiderman. It has been two years since the fateful day Parker was bitten by a genetically altered spider on a school trip. In that time, he has grown from a wimpy teenager to a more mature college student who also works as a

pizza delivery boy, a photographer and his city's resident superhero.

This hectic and complicated lifestyle is catching up with Parker. While his "career" as Spiderman is flourishing, his grades are dropping, his jobs are in jeopardy, and his relationships with Mary Jane Watson (Kirsten Dunst), Harry Osborn (James Franco) and even his Aunt May (Rosemary Harris) are suffering.

Continue Reading »

Be the first to comment on this!