Home About Menu Menu Subscribe

Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

By Becky P., Ventura, CA

The excruciating eternity that seemed to pass while I watched "Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen" would have been better spent staring at a blinking light. Put simply, this movie is so unbelievably stupid that it will reduce the neuron activity in your brain to the point where you feel comatose.

Lola (Lindsay Lohan) moves from the Big Apple to a bohemian-chic neighborhood in New Jersey. From that point on, life becomes exceedingly difficult: there is a more popular girl in school and she can't get tickets to see a rockin' (read: horrible) concert. Lola's life becomes a daily struggle to usurp said-popular girl and get into an exclusive party hosted by the band.

Somewhere in the middle of it all, there is a weak sub-plot that has Lola starring in a play. Her drama teacher is a raging alcoholic whose poor directorial skills threaten to run the play into the ground (where it rightfully belongs).

Continue Reading »

Be the first to comment on this!