Educator of the Year: Rebecca Sims | Teen Ink

Educator of the Year: Rebecca Sims

By Johnathn Phillips BRONZE, Highland Home, Alabama
Johnathn Phillips BRONZE, Highland Home, Alabama

Teen Ink Educator of the Year: Rebecca Sims

The best teacher anyone could ever dream of works as the 11th and 12th grade English teacher at Highland Home School in Alabama. The teacher who screamed as she walked through the doors the first day of my junior year became the echo in my mind, body, and soul to fully pursue my dreams. The individual whom I adore is Ms. Sims because of her dedication to her job and students. Ms. Sims demands excellence from every student she teaches. Ms. Rebecca Sims deserves Educator of the year because of her authentic styles of teaching, strong presence in the involvement of school activities, and compassion for helping all.
?Ms. Sims teaches in a unique way that allows students to connect easier. Sims teaches while sitting in a desk, just as her students. She does a great job of ensuring every student understands the material. This extraordinary teacher teaches in a stern way that forces students to give their best at all times. She allows her students to be engaged as she makes her students do group work, presentations, and reciting. Sims’ class is tremendous because her students learn by excellent teaching methods, and the overcoming of fear by speaking in front of the class. Sims’ style of teaching is superb, but she also is very involved in school activities.

Ms. Sims stays involved in school activities throughout the entire year. She is present for every Parent Teacher Association meeting during the school year. Sims exemplifies pride in herself and Highland Home School by her participation in school activities, including pep rallies and other athletic support. Ms. Sims aside from being an outstanding teacher also served our country as a Marine. She is whole-heartedly committed to her activism and activities at Highland Home School and most importantly her students when in need.
Ms. Sims goes beyond the extra mile for every student she impacts while teaching. She is an outstanding senior class sponsor because she comes up with creative ideas and aids seniors in any way she can. She also spends countless hours in her off work time to assist students with all of their work. Ms. Sims helps seniors with all of the college and scholarship information. This wonderful teacher unselfishly gives up her time to serve any individual in need.

Ms. Sims is a top-notch teacher. Her styles of teaching challenge students but also guide them to overcome life’s obstacles. Ms. Sims’ distinguished characteristic is her role in school activities as she is a high school teacher, and also the sponsor of the senior class, English Honor society, Future Teachers of America, and Key club. These aspects set her apart from any other candidate. She also gives her time as an Afterschool worker with elementary children. Ms. Sims is incomparable as a teacher because of the relationship she forms with her students. Her positive encouragement builds confidence in her students. This teacher under the outer core marine reputation and appearance is truly a blessing, as her patient and caring heart shines through her rough exterior. Ms. Sims is a magnificent teacher and fits every criteria to become educator of the year.

I was inspired by my teacher. I wanted to express my gratitude to my wonderful English teacher, ms. Sims.