Actress Rebel Wilson | Teen Ink

Actress Rebel Wilson

By ruhina13 BRONZE, Mississauga, Other
ruhina13 BRONZE, Mississauga, Other

“When I came to America, I had two dreams: one to have my own TV show” says Wilson and now her dreams are coming true.

She walks onto stage after Kimmel announces her name and does some weird robotic dance before sitting down awkwardly in the interviewee seat. She’s dressed in a black skirt and a black (I'm assuming satin) jacket with her flowy blonde hair framing her bubbly face.

“I've been working my ass off but it hasn't really changed size” she says seriously. And that is why I love Rebel Wilson.

She first came into the spotlight in 2011 as the puppy loving, worm-drinking Mexican tattooed Brynn in the blockbuster hit Bridesmaids. Wilson became the talk of the town after the release of the film and lucky for us, it was only the beginning.

A little over a year later she appeared in multiple hit comedies, Bachelorette, Ice Age: Continental Drift, What to Expect When You’re Expecting and one of the biggest films of the year, Pitch Perfect.

Wilson hosted the 2013 MTV Movie Awards and the minority of people that didn't know of Rebel Wilson (they must've been living under a rock I'm assuming) sure knew her now.

She was born in Sydney, Australia and what a lot of people don’t know is that Wilson is a legitimate lawyer-acting was never her game plan.
Activities she enjoys are, “bedazzling, taking every Cosmo quiz (from 1995 to 2004), baking a 14-layer cake, prison rodeo, bad boys and ponies and the German beer festival.”

Her outstanding tale of how she got into acting can only be considered destiny. She contracted Malaria on an ambassador trip to South Africa (which she thought “would be like Lion King”) and had a hallucination of walking onto stage and winning her own Oscar, where she did an acceptance rap.

Now, Rebel stars in her very own sitcom Super Fun Night that she writes, produces and stars in.

“When I came to America, I had two dreams: one to have my own TV show and one to marry Channing Tatum” Rebel tells Kimmel with a proud smile on her face. One of those dreams is complete, now all we need to do is get Channing on board.

The Australian cutie is an inspiration for girls everywhere to embrace their inner and outer beauty. She has only begun her journey into our hearts and our TV screens and with her new show, it’s guaranteed there is no end in sight. Catch Wilson Wednesday nights on ABC.