Spread Equality | Teen Ink

Spread Equality

By michael olaribigbe BRONZE, Marietta, Georgia
michael olaribigbe BRONZE, Marietta, Georgia

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., a transcendentalist, who fought for racial equality. In reality it’s hard to believe 51% of Americans are racist and surprisingly its not just the Caucasians and African American. King accomplished so much before he died, but unfortunately he did not persuade all of America to become more tolerant to races. Can you believe it 51% of Americans are deceiving 49% of Americans making them think they are tolerable to different races.

On the way back from a family road trip, our car broke down. When my dad tried to find someone to help him jump our car he sighted the Ku Klux Klan burning a cross. In fear my dad ran inside the car and told us what he saw and from that day I came to the conclusion that people are still stuck in their old ways and are not susceptible to change. We need equality in this world in order to stop war, we need equality in order to work together, and we need equality in order for future generations to manipulate their knowledge in peace and success.

Society can contribute, by simply persuading people the fact of everyone is human and physical features we have should determine our standard of living. People need to be concerned, that 51% are possibly knocking the self-esteem of that 49%, instead of knocking each other down we need change and tolerance, we need motivators to help spread the word ,we need to have love in our hearts and be considerate of people who are completing wrong doings. Organizations are out there promoting this but my favorite is the YWCA they are all about standing against racism make a pledge, donate, participate in their movements.