My First Football Game | Teen Ink

My First Football Game

Football is my favorite sport. I loved to watch it, but i never played. I’m a freshman now and this is my first year playing. I still remember my first game and how great it was. We had a Jamboree before, but I don’t consider it as my first game. It was an away game and it was a pretty nice field and it was turf. I remember coach coming up to me and saying “Are you nervous.” I replied “No.” because I wasn't nervous and I was ready to play some football.

During this game I was starting on punt return. I don’t mind playing punt return I actually like it. My favorite position is defensive tackle. Defense is my favorite because I find it more fun and less complicated. My favorite part was when i got in at defensive tackle. I remember getting in a three point stance waiting for the ball to be snapped. There wasn't a lot of big kids on their offensive line. When the ball was snapped rushed at the guard. It was a run play to my side. I got past the guard and made the tackle. It was now second down. I waited for the offensive line to get out of the huddle. When the guard came to the line I got into my stance. When the ball was snapped I rushed at the guard again. I realized then that it was another run to my side. I got past the guard then I made the tackle. It felt good to get two tackles in a row. It was third down now. When the guard come to the line I got into my stance and waited for the ball to be snapped. When the ball was snapped I bursted out of my stance and hit the guard. It was a run to the other side I still went after the ball carrier but I didn't make the tackle. It was now fourth down and they were going for it. The guard came to the line and I got into my stance. The ball was snapped I ran at the guard and hit him. It was a pass play and they were passing it to my side. The pass was incomplete and it was our ball. The next drive I was in was cool because they fumbled the ball and we recovered the ball. I was in more of the game but nothing special happened.

The final score was 28- 0. It was great to have a win like that for your first game. A lot of my teammates thought that I had a good game. When I got home my family congratulated me. I felt really good that night. After that game I think football changed me. I am a really confident person now. It has been a fun season we had some fun games but we've also had some tough games. My first football game was probably the best experience that I have had.