Thoughts of Death and Religion | Teen Ink

Thoughts of Death and Religion

By MisterJ BRONZE, Orlando, Florida
MisterJ BRONZE, Orlando, Florida

"I think therefore, I am."

Thought of Death and Religion

Yes, death is instantly a ghastly situation. No one wants the topic to be prevalent within their home and daily life. It’s death that causes the world to cry and the ground to fertilize. However, being a man of faith, religion has explained a lot about death and the afterlife. In the 3 major monotheistic faiths we have the concept of heaven and hell as well as sin. Religion explains death in a just stance which would make sense to any believer it’s just that what is the concept of what is sin that varieties throughout the different religions. However, could religion to some people just be a method to ease their worries of death?

It’s death that defines the absolute end of an organism. No one has yet to find a remedy to reverse the dead and it would be death that would be the passage way of a religious being’s judgment. So, couldn’t one say that religion is a statement that lets us, humans, feel less worried about death. Perhaps, religion is a way to say, “I am scared of death and I worship my religion so I know that death is not the end.” It’s not a bad thing to say that if you commit yourself to religion for not only that single reason but, religion tends to be a quilt for some people so that they can rest assured that death will not be their absolute end. Death is something none of us want to happen quickly and we often try to predict a good afterlife than one of eternal misery (hell or nothingness.)

Death is a unloveable matter. It results in broken links between that single person and many other souls. However, we have religion which mends these broken links since it is death that the person is granted paradise or eternal demise, through religion that is. This brief article gives a argument that people use religion only to remedy the thought of death and death itself.