Perfect | Teen Ink

Perfect

By AudreyAKAThatWriterGirl GOLD, New York, New York
AudreyAKAThatWriterGirl GOLD, New York, New York

"But sometimes it's 9am on a tuesday morning and you're standing at the kitchen bench waiting for the toast to pop up. And the smell of dusty sunlight and earl gray tea makes you miss him so much you don't know what to do with your hands." - Scanlan

Stop it all. Just stop it. Please. Just forget what I said and move on because it’s not what I meant. It was stupid. It’s not a big deal. I’m sorry. Don’t be mad. I can be perfect again.

I’ll lose weight. I’ll keep time. I’ll keep up. I will. I’ll start jogging in the morning. I’ll start eating breakfast and skipping lunch. I’ll finish the things I start. I’ll confront my demons. I swear. Please. Just don’t leave. I can be perfect again.

I’ll start talking to people like I did when I was younger. I’ll dance and go to parties and be fun. I can do it. I will. I can be perfect again.

I’ll write better, talk slower, condescend less and joke more. I’d wear make up and do my hair, change my outfit, anything. Just accept me. I can be perfect again.

I’ll stand taller, grow smaller, talk louder, be ballsier, be sassy, be refined, have an opinion, change my mind. I’d do anything to be perfect again.

Please just tell me I am perfect again.

on Dec. 10 2013 at 8:30 am
xofelicia97 GOLD, Saint Mary&#39s, Pennsylvania

"Give me strength when I'm standing, and faith when I fall."

I love this with every fiber of my being.

Evey4321 SILVER, Fiskdale, Massachusetts

“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.”
― Marilyn Monroe

Wow! I love it! It really speaks to the fears and demons of the average teenage girl. I really love this

Outcast4God PLATINUM, Farmersville, Texas

"When I look at the night sky and see the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars you have set in place-- what mortals that you should think of us. Mere humans that you should care for us.
---Psalms 8:3-4

Awesome! Portrays a lot of teenage girls (and even some guys).

where.words.fail.music.speaks, Curwensville, Pennsylvania

There are far, far better things ahead than any we leave behind. ~ C. S. Lewis

Amazing! Keep it up!

GreyGirl ELITE said...
GreyGirl ELITE, Pohang,Kyungbuk, Other
Wow. The emotion is so real in this! Good job.