The Power of One | Teen Ink

The Power of One MAG

"ThePower of One" is a strong movie based on the popular novel. This is quite adifferent project for director John G. Avildsen ("Rocky" and "TheKarate Kid"), but the characters and events mix to create great chemistry.

Stephen Dorff as the adult Peekay, the main character, wears his emotionson his sleeve. You can really see the pain he goes through. Morgan Freeman, asGeel Piet, does an excellent job portraying an inmate. I love his accent, andeven though he isn't South African, he does an excellent job depicting one.

This film recognizes the pain and anguish African people went through ontheir continent during World War II. It makes people realize that there are thosewho can make a difference. In fact, it made me believe that anyone can make adifference if they are inspired enough. I love this film and think it deservesgreat recognition.

The story takes place in South Africa, partly in ajail, where Africans are treated horribly. Peekay, a white boy, grows up in thesesurroundings, and with the help of his friend Geel Piet learns that what ishappening to these people is wrong, and should be made right. After Geel Pietstands up for what he believes, and dies for it, Peekay knows that it is his dutyto get involved and help end apartheid.

With a great and sad love story,this movie is truly magnificent. It shows us that by coming together we cancreate our own "power of one" and change the ways of the world that arewrong.

Take my word for it and gather your power and courage to see agreat movie. This story is the best example of good humanity, and anyone who seesit will be changed forever.

i love this so much!