Spiritualism | Teen Ink

Spiritualism

By ScarlettJ. DIAMOND, West Newton, Pennsylvania
ScarlettJ. DIAMOND, West Newton, Pennsylvania

"You are only confined by the walls you build around yourself." "Follow your heart, but take your brain with you." "You were born to be real, not to be perfect."

As a sixteen year old, you would think i'd know my religion by now. I should know where my opinions are needed and were my believes come from, but I don't. i've searched, collected research, and thought this through. I believe that my believes come from a religion called Spiritualism. Spiritualists teach that the spirit world exists all around and through the material world that us, human beings, inhabit. Now, I'm not positive if my believes completely rest here, but I know that at heart, somewhere deep down, I find this to be right for me.
Spiritualists believe that everyone goes to the spirit world, but that those who have done wrong go to less pleasant parts of that world – because they will gravitate to spend time with other spirit beings who behave badly.
I've always been into the supernatural, but I know not to get to deep without fully understanding what I'm up against.
But I'm ready to face it, both real and spiritual worlds, to fully understand my abilities.
To understand where I belong, to know there is a place in this world where I shine, is not to far from my grasp.
And I'll concur it.

This may be my religion, and I know I'll shine.