Into the Darkness | Teen Ink

Into the Darkness

By Starr Philyaw BRONZE, Ocala, Florida
Starr Philyaw BRONZE, Ocala, Florida

What would you do if you lost your whole family by murder. Not by a criminal but by your own brother. Well that is what happened to me and my best friend. I'm Zero Fugwaru, 17 year old girl, and a senior at Kalgo Academy. And this is how me and my best friend, Sasuke Falcone, got through our whole life without a family.

My brother well he was amazing. He always had time to play with me. Unlike Sasuke's brother who was busy a lot. Me and Sasuke have been friends since we met in kidergarden. But our brothers only met once when Sasuke's brother and my brother came to pick us up from the park. So we didn't think anything would change. But when I saw my brother the next day he was mad. You might not think anything of it, but you don't know my brother-he is never mad.

And then it happened; me and Sasuke had to stay after school and help the teacher clean the classroom. So when we were done we said goodbye and went home. When I got home I didn't hear or see anyone, so I ran through the house looking for them. I got to my parents room and opened the door. I seen my parents laying in a pool of their own blood in the middle of the room. I was crying when I saw someone standing over them holding a knife and katana. I screamed at him; I wanted to know who he was. He stepped out of the shadows of the dark room. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. The person I was closet to-my brother. He was standing over them covered in their blood. I just kept screaming and asking why he did it. All he said was, "I don't need them and I definitely don't need you" I could see it in his eyes as he turned around to leave all the hatred he had kept hidden.

The next day I was already at school when Sasuke showed up. He saw that I've been crying and I could tell he has been too. It turned out that Sasuke's family went almost the same way mine did-by his brother. That day we didn't talk to anybody but each other. Not the teacher nor the students. Right after lunch two police men walked in the classroom with the Principle.

The room got quiet as everybody looked at the men in uniform. The principle looked straight at me and Sasuke. She asked us politely to come with her. We walked from our seats and out the door. After a while of walking we got to the principles office. The cops asked us some questions and then they told us to go back to class. After school we went to the park; since we couldn't go back to our houses because it's restricted. We hung out there together all night; we fell asleep on the park bench while waiting for the people who were supposed to bring us somewhere.

The people came the next morning-with the police. They started talking to us and told us where we were going. Then they told us we were going to different foster homes and that's when Sasuke snapped. He got really mad and started yelling about how he wasn't going to loose me too. I tired to calm down Sasuke as the police talked about what to do. When I got Sasuke to calm down they told us that they will find somewhere we can go together.

I got the thought of making this after watching one of my favorite shows naruto (anime show from japan). I hope that after reading this kids will appertiate their parents more because they will know that not everybody has parents or a family.

twerkboner said...
Great story! I loved it! :)