Home About Menu Menu Subscribe

Mirror Mirror on the Wall, Make Me Skinny then Make Me Fall This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

By Anonymous, Solon, OH

When you look into a mirror, what do you see? Do you focus on your clothing, the way your hair looks, the shape of your body? I’ve made the mirror my mortal enemy, because whenever I look into it I focus on my shape. It hasn’t always been that way, though. One of the many things I miss about being little was the way no one cared about how they looked or what they ate. I would sit on the couch with a bowl of potato chips, and run up for a second bowl in a matter of minutes. My parents always made sure we had our fruits and vegetables too, but growing up it didn’t seem to matter as much what I ate. I was also your classic tomboy—I played in the mud with the rest of the boys, and wore a t-shirt and shorts. It wasn’t until the summer of 2012, heading into my sophomore year of high school that I started to care about my appearance. I tried a little bit of makeup and bought some prettier clothes, but the biggest change I made to myself that summer was my body.

Continue Reading »

Join the discussion

1 comment(s)
This is a very strong story. Keep writing. :)
Dec. 23, 2013 at 10:40 AM • Report