You are a hypocrite. | Teen Ink

You are a hypocrite.

By Kimmykimkim BRONZE, Meridian, Idaho
Kimmykimkim BRONZE, Meridian, Idaho

"If a man whistles at you, don't turn around. You're a lady, not a dog."
-Niall Horan

You are a hypocrite. So am I. So is any person who has a heart. Sure, we don't try to do it, but that means nothing. The fact is, none of us can say wer not. And that's what makes me sad.

Everywhere you look, there is always some person being discriminated against. LGBTA, Muslims,Blacks,Anything that breathes. And i'm sure we've all faced discrimination in some way. Sadly, that's just how life is. But that's not even the worst part.

The worst part is the two faced people. The people who stand up for one group but then turn around and discriminate against another group. We've all done this,whether you admit to it or not.

Don't get me wrong,i'm not calling you personally out or anything. I admited I did it in the beginning. What i'm trying to do her is make you realize what's going on.

Everyone has some group they defend. Really. It could be just yourself. But we all at one time defend someone. And that's great. But what bugs me is what the people around me(and myself)turn around and do.

We discriminate someone else. Now i know they're will be some people reading this going, "No,not me."
To them I say, discrimination isn't just in public. It's on the inside to. Yes, maybe you haven't called someone names or physically assulted them. But i guarentee you have thought it in your head. Just thinking about it is discrimination. Because what you think leads to what you do and how you act. That's where the real problems start.

So here is what i am urging everyone to do. Stop it. Just stop. I know that person can be just so annoying or just doesn't understand ,but stop and think about them. You never know what is going on in someones life. If people could live in their enemies life for just one day, I sincerly think that the person would never say a horrible thing again. So when you think of that person or group and those thoughts go through your head, stop them. Replace them with something else. I know it's hard. It's a struggle for me too. But if you keep trying, you will get better.

You can stand up for people all day long, but if you don't accept everyone in your thoughts, it means nothing. You can stand in a crowd and hold a sign for the rest of your life, but if you look at one person with hate, you've lost all credibility. Thoughts lead to action. So think carefully.

I got inspired by reading To Kill a Mockingbird. You should all read it it's amazing!