Texting Against the Law | Teen Ink

Texting Against the Law

By Jasmine w BRONZE, Washington, District Of Columbia
Jasmine w BRONZE, Washington, District Of Columbia

Texting while driving is likely to happen- likely as in it happens often when others don’t know it.
I believe texting while driving should be stopped or illegal. I believe it should be stopped or illegal because it is causing people to die over one tiny message. On the other hand others might think that texting while driving is okay to do at all times they just don’t wanna get caught. I still believe that texting while driving is wrong because it can cause people to lose their life over a message, They can get mentally hurt, or they can get physically hurt damaged.

My first reason why people should not text while drive because people can/could lose their life over a message. For example, On the news my two aunts had got into a car crash/accident and died(Texting). This was effective because it was in my life meaning they were very close to me and now they are dead. Another example real world crises was on this tv show Degrassi a boy named Adam was texting while driving and he hit a tree which led to his death, I’m saying this because he got killed in the real world from texting in his car after his show and he hit a school. Mostly people were upset and sad because he died on the TV show and in the real world as well. This is why people should NOT text while driving because it can cause more damage than you think.

My second reason why people should stop texting or it should be illegal because people can get mentally hurt. For example, My close best friend Certia and me were in the car with her mom, Her mom dropped her phone under the seat and reached down to pick it up taking her eyes of the road causing her to speed up hitting the side of a house knocking her out with her phone in her hand. Certia who was in the front seat hit her head on the window frame making her not remember what went wrong or did not remember who she was for a couple of months. This relates to why people should not text while driving because you can get head damage. Another example of a real world similar situation was this boy Jonathan he lived around my way and he got hit by a car on the pavement causing him to have brain damage to forgetting things as well. This was serious because we need to know if this is a life or death situation.

My last reason why people should stop texting while driving because it can lead to physical damage. For example, My cousin Nathan got hit by a car when her mom did not see her when she was walking across the street causing her to be in a full body cast for a three in a half months. This was serious because she always used to come in see me before she got into that accident. My real world issue when texting while driving caused a problem was when me and Telia was coming from the store when we seen the ambulance role pass stopping at the house to gates down from mine. Me and Telia walked down there seeing two situations one were a girls face was bleeding and the other were the drivers phone blew up on the Women's ear causing her to hit the little child. This was terrible because mainly these are life or death situations were you got to look closely at the problem.

Overall in conclusion, I just really honestly still believe that texting while driving is still wrong . Now knowing what I know about texting while driving i see the difference in why people do it. People do it because they want to they think just because its there phone they can do what ever they want when they want it anytime any were..BUT that's not true. People should stop texting in the car because it can cause more damage then you think.

My piece is about texting and why it should stop. I was inspired to write this because its under community and its telling how it effected it.