All Medications Are clean | Teen Ink

All Medications Are clean

By Jduval BRONZE, Cambridge, Massachusetts
Jduval BRONZE, Cambridge, Massachusetts

Have you had a loved one who died from a recalled medication? Have you had a loved one who has disabilities or disorders caused from a recalled medication? Have you had a loved one that got a disease from a recalled medication? There are always commercials that talk about recall medicine and providing compensation. But is that really enough? You see people cry all the time because they had a loved one that had suffered from a recalled medication.

“Novartis AG is recalling several million free samples of blood-pressure treatments and other medications over concerns a chemical used to package the drugs may have contaminated them.” found on marketwatch.com. This quote shows that there are a lot of medications and blood-pressure treatments are being recalled because they might be contaminated.

Do you want this stuff being exposed to the children in our society? All these bad medications only bring sickness and less hope in the world. You could never trust medications because it could have bad bacteria and it could be recalled in any second of the day. You always need to pay attention to what you take and make sure it’s safe to take.

Have you seen those TV commercials about recalled medications? They’re always providing financial compensation for people who got affected from the recalled medications. But for some people that is not enough. This would not happen in the first place if the scientists repeatedly test their medicine to see if it works properly. But apparently they are always in a rush and they don’t want to take their time.

“I’m tired of these companies that have long shortages of thyroid medication… The larger companies do their best to smash small competitors like the manufacturers of Armor, then people switch over & then they have these long interruptions in manufacturing. Why do I NEVER experience this with any other medications I take? It’s only thyroid, the one my life depends on.” said Kris.

This quote shows that there was a person who suffered from a medication the determined if he lives or not. All the other medications he says were good but this one medication is not working for him. If the doctors tested the medication more than once they would have found this problem and fixed it just in time. I bet there are a lot of people in the world who die from recalled medications in the United States alone.

Its not just older people medication it’s also children medications. “(McNeil) has voluntarily recalled three lots of Concentrated MOTRIN® Infants’ Drops Original Berry Flavor 1/2 fl oz bottles from wholesalers and retail stores in the United States.” found on motrin.com. This quote shows that there was a recall on the medicine MOTRIN®.

Do you know how much kids and babies have taken this medicine before it was recalled? Ya, a lot, these kids could have suffered any disability or dysfunction in their body. And the compensation that that the government provided to them was not enough. Maybe the compensation was not even enough to cure the child suffering from this recalled medication.

Doctors and scientists need to take the time to check their medicine and test them multiple times to see if they are safe for the public to use. If doctors and scientists took the time on their creations of medicines there would be less defects and less deaths in the world. Also, there would be less money that the government has to give to victims of the recalled medication. And do you know what that means? Less dept. and the government would really love that.

Do you see all the good things that can happen if there were less recalled medications in the United States? If only doctors and scientist put time and effort into making their medications these good things will happen. More people will be comfortable taking medicine. And scientists and doctors will be more successful in like all these things can happen but it’s all up to the people that make medication for our community.