Why Judge? | Teen Ink

Why Judge?

By DevanP BRONZE, Frederick, Maryland
DevanP BRONZE, Frederick, Maryland

We all have needs. We all have wants and dreams. So why do people judge others poorly? Do they really feel that others are so different from themselves? Everyone is made of the same stuff; whether it is bones, blood, skin, or the entire human genome, we are almost identical to those around us. Though our thoughts may differ the full picture is the same: we all have thoughts. Why do some people want everyone to think as they do? Is it because they hate the thought of being a little different, since we don't differ much in structure? If some people want everyone to accept their thoughts and ideas then why can't they accept that others should be allowed have their own thoughts and ideas? Everyone is their own individual, and as long as they are not hurting others should be allowed to express themselves however they wish. So if someone's way of expressing them self, whether thoughts or appearance, is not affecting those around them then why judge them poorly? No one can change them if they do not wish to change. The world may be a happier place if everyone would just accept others for who they wish to be, and for that slight difference they wish to express. Not everyone wishes to mirror those around them.

I am a very open minded and accepting person and I wish that others would consider being a little more open minded; however, I do not wish to impose my open mindedness on those around me because that would be hypocritical